• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get a laugh at Sidewinder Computers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
While you're sporting the gold fan grilles, you can wear a gold-plated CPU on one of those huge rapper chains. Kinda like Flava and his clock from Public Enemy.

Lou Natic said:
While you're sporting the gold fan grilles, you can wear a gold-plated CPU on one of those huge rapper chains. Kinda like Flava and his clock from Public Enemy.

YES!

Next CPU I fry, I'll do it.

If you do, I want to see pictures.

You could go all out and gold-plate a capacitor or resistor and glue it on your tooth.

" Add a gangsta touch out of your low-rider case" Man I must have the bomb rig cause mine is sittin on the floor. I know I get alot of stuff from there, but learn the slang please. I wonder if I can get a 10 switch kit from them. Hhhmmm my case pullin three I wonder.

CraxySerge said:
I wonder what the snowman will come up with next? A gold dipped case, so you can be "bling - blinging" at the lan party!

I've been wanting to have mine dipped in chrome or gold, but I think I'll stick with the paint I have now. I wonder how much it would cost to have the insides dipped in gold would cost.

Thats funny.
I think that after I fry my current athlon 750, I will get it gold plated and wear it on my neck. Ouch. Maybe I should remove the VOS32 hsf before I put it on a chain...
Futura

Haha. The sad thing is, I was thinking that I'd have to paint my case black and use gold grilles so it would look like it had a little class. You guys just wait.

I'm on the lookout for a key-chain disco ball to hang from my PSU. I get that, add a fan to blow it around, a white flashing LED and a fog machine -or not- and it's all over! I'm taking home all the prizes!

Haha.

I took a snapshot of that page. If you start seeing it as your wallpaper, run Norton.

Well I've seen gold plated heatsinks, they at least make sense to stop a copper one from oxidising, because tin and chrome on those is just stupid because of the really poor conductivity of those metals. Gold isn't as good at thermal conductivity as it is at electrical conductivity, but it's still better than tin, chrome or nickel etc. So, by the time you've got your gold plated copper sinks on your graphics card, RAM and northbridge, I guess it isn't too far to stretch for a matching gold fan grille. Can't say gold is really my style though.

Road Warrior

Back