• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get an estimate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spec_Ops2087

Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2002
Location
NJ
I got 2/100WU in about 5 min....is this very fast of slow...I need to know to get a rough idea how fast the processes get finished...thanx



Spec
 

Ploaf

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2001
Location
Warren, OH
Welcome to the Team :D
It depends on the protein that you are folding and the processor that it is folding on. Some proteins complete more quickly than others. Also it depends on whether you are using an AMD or an Intel chip and the clock speed of the cpu. There is a long thread with comparisons of different cpu's/proteins listed and it may help you to discover how well your system is doing. It sounds like it's probably doing what it can and should be alright. :D

edit. Forgot to link to the thread. Here it is http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58254
 

res0r9lm

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2001
Location
florida
Spec_Ops2087 said:
I got 2/100WU in about 5 min....is this very fast of slow...I need to know to get a rough idea how fast the processes get finished...thanx



Spec
It depends on the protien your folding. with my main system I could fold a frame any where between 1.5 to 10 min per a frame. to give you a better reference a gnra hairpin best time of 3.86 min. per a frame with my tbird.
 
OP
Spec_Ops2087

Spec_Ops2087

Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2002
Location
NJ
looks about right to me...anyway here is what is happening now....

Folding a GNRA Hairpin

about 3.53m per frame



Spec


BTW: it is a p4 @ 1.5ghz
 

res0r9lm

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2001
Location
florida
Spec_Ops2087 said:
looks about right to me...anyway here is what is happening now....

Folding a GNRA Hairpin

about 3.53m per frame



Spec


BTW: it is a p4 @ 1.5ghz
those are good times. I know your not trying to say that is with a p4
 
OP
Spec_Ops2087

Spec_Ops2087

Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2002
Location
NJ
lol I know...I hate them but hey...with those 4 intergrated pipelines they are GREAT for multimeadia(sp?) and rendering and well stuff ;)



Spec
 

res0r9lm

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2001
Location
florida
Spec_Ops2087 said:
lol I know...I hate them but hey...with those 4 intergrated pipelines they are GREAT for multimeadia(sp?) and rendering and well stuff ;)



Spec
Thier good for surfing while your folding rigs are left alone to do their stuff.
 

KFB

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2001
Location
CA
yeah that time for a GNRA frame with a p4 1.5 is a funny joke. HA! :rolleyes:

edit: maybe 35.3 minutes is more like it. you gotta watch where you put that decimal.:D :cool: :eek:
 
Last edited: