• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get incoming calls and texts on other devices on home wifi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

is there a way that i can answer calls and texts with other devices on my own wifi network when i have my cellphone on the same wifi network in the house.
i know it sound strange but often times it'd be nice to keep using the device i have near by instead of running to find my phone should the rare occasion of a text or call from someone happen.

Firstly i currently have verizon and i cant switch for over a year (or i'll have to pay back the year i got for "free") so other cell services are out of the question.

the devices in question are:
Pixel 7 currently active with phone number
Pixel 3a not active, using wifi only as a house remote
Cheepo lenovo tablet also using as remote and media stuffs
Pixel Tab when it comes out in addition or to replace lenovo tablet

Home network side of things
Linksys EA8500 i got a goodwill recently
Will get replaced with PC running PfSense
will add a single retired enterprise class AP, probably Ubiquiti

i'm working on getting some more wifi lights and a tv and such and i added a wireless charging module to the 3a so i can set it down places to charge but not have to physically plug it in so its a grab and go remote type device.

i feel like this could be a thing but i dont know where to start.
There is OneTalk on verizon but thats a business plan thing and only worked between phones and certain devices like yealink desk phones

could be a pipe dream though

Probably if called over Google voice it can ring multiple devices/numbers. Otherwise probably need to look at smart/Bluetooth devices?

Outside the box a little and not the exact thing but...

I do have a solution. I use this myself. I have (an older) cordless phone system. A base station and several handsets throughout the house. I paired my phone (up to two phones) to my base station. I then leave my phone on the Qi charger in my home office. When I get a call on my cell, my handsets ring. I can answer using any of my handsets and it works great. Note: When I answer, I need to pause for a brief moment but then it works great.

Any of the phone systems at WalMart, Best Buy, Amazon, etc will have this feature. What's also nice is that the base station will pull power from a docked handset if power goes out. Since I rarely use the handset on the base station, this works well when needed.

Back