• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get Permission FIRST!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How do kids annoy their parents? they ask 100 times.

Instead I always learned, that waiting to the right moment, and asking just once, in the right way, really paid off.

So be patient...

Cheers, Flix

I thought I'd add This thread to make you guys aware, that installing folding clients without permission is illegal.

You're hurting the name of the team, the name of the folding concept, and last but not least, hurting yourself!

ALWAYS GET PERMISSION!

Flix

Cool, new design :D
Anyway, just wanted to post my thoughts on this. It is a very good idea to urge people to get permission first, but if someone does it without getting permission and doesn't care, it is there own fault if they get caught, or have to live with the guilt. IMO you shouldn't do it at all at work, just because you can get fired from dumbasses even if you got permission. (just like in jbell's case) however at school you can always argue your way out without going to court, that is, of coarse if someone gave you permission.

soundfx4 said:
Cool, new design :D
Anyway, just wanted to post my thoughts on this. It is a very good idea to urge people to get permission first, but if someone does it without getting permission and doesn't care, it is there own fault if they get caught, or have to live with the guilt. IMO you shouldn't do it at all at work, just because you can get fired from dumbasses even if you got permission. (just like in jbell's case) however at school you can always argue your way out without going to court, that is, of coarse if someone gave you permission.

I'm not sure what you're trying to point out here? But one thing is for sure, even though it is their own fault, if they do not get permission, it not only just hurts the single individual, but also the folding concept itself.

At school you may not have to argue nor go to court, not even likely anyone will bother go that far, as you're simply breaking s school rule, and you're booted right off campus. Needs no further arguing or legal discussions.

So, re the concept, no matter what, get permission, or you're heading for trouble.

Cheers, Flix

And dont forget....running F@H on idling computers, makes them run 100% CPU load, this means its gonna dumb out TONS of heat and possibly make the fans get louder, PLUS using more power so that it runs up power bills, makes the rooms much hotter, louder, and that would cost a CRAP load for companies/school/etc

PS dunno if this was mentioned already^^

Back