• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

get this vid card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

purplepots

Registered
I found these refurbished cards at NewEgg
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-290R&depa=99
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-368R&type=Refurbish

First of all, for the 2nd card, why does its ram seem to be in a row while most other models have the L shaped ram? What does that signify?

would it be a good buy(factoring in reliability and oc abilities)?

I'm planning to put add VGA silencer.
do you think ram sinks would be a good idea for this card?

I'm also concerned because it doesn't say if its ddr2 in the title...

ram sinks are needed to oc or if your going to flash it to xt...(mine is artifacting after a couple weeks on stock cooling and no bga sinks)

the 2nd one looks like the crap 128bit one. i would stick with the 1st one. bc chances are, its a real xt.

lilxvietxboi said:
the 2nd one looks like the crap 128bit one. i would stick with the 1st one. bc chances are, its a real xt.

yeah, but what confuses me is that the title says 256bit...

I would SOOOO stay away from the 2nd one. Something doesnt look right.

Sometimes Newegg doesnt always use the exact picture, But from the looks of that alone, I would go for the card with the BGA ram on it anyways.

It will be worth the extra beans in the longrun for sure.

GL And post what you got when you get it ok?

Harry

HousERaT said:
refurbished video cards? wow, you must be a gambling man...... ;)

I agree totally with houserat i would not buy anything refurbished its telling you it has already had problems

Aren't brand new 9800 Pro's cheaper than those anyways??

I don't need any ramsinks with the XT flash; I'm good up to 390MHz totally unmodded.

i had my 9800Pro oc'd to 445/380 using 8 ramsinks and the thermaltake giant III vga cooler, before i had that i got it up to 425/373

Uhh, I guess I was hoping that if they refurbished it, it would probably be in working order...
But, now that you guys mentioned it, maybe I won't buy it. Those two offers were attractive to me because I was looking for a 256mb card (so that it could last me some time) and was also fairly cheap. Guess I'll start looking elsewhere...

Back