• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting a new gaming monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dark_QTR

Registered
Hey all

So I'm thinking about replacing my old 60hz 6ms 1080p 24" with another 1080p with 1ms 120hz. I'm not up to date with what's going on in the industry.. In fact the last major upgrade I did for my PC was 4 years ago. However, I did my own research and I came up with the BenQ XL2430T. I know there are better monitors out there but getting a 144hz monitor at a decent price seems to be pretty good.

One of the things that that got me concerned is the difference between IPS and TN panal. honestly it got me worried.

PS. I know that my GPU is quite old.. But many games which I'm addict to "like Team Fortress 2" are getting limited to 60fps when my PC is capable off doing more than 120fps even at high pings

So what do you guys think?

Witchdoctor

For me TN panels just don't cut it

Take a look at some nice IPS or PLS panels, you will be glad you did :)

The monitor you are looking at is a good choice if you are dead set on a TN panel

wingman99

IPS panel is the way to go TN is vary old tech for gaming 5ms GTG is perfect with new monitors make sure you purchase the newest model of the brand you like.