• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting Hibernate to work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
I'm working on getting XP pro installed on my laptop. However, it appears that windows does not seem to reconize ACPI on my laptop and thus won't allow for hibernate or standby. Does anybody know a solution for this problem?
note: hibernate/standby worked fine w/ toshiba's xphome ghost... (I hate that install...)

Ascii2

I shall asume the problem is not due to a driver problem (such as lack of a graphics driver) and that "getting XP pro installed on my laptop" refers to getting Windows XP pro installed on a laptop.

If an assumption I make is incorrect, notify. If an asumption is incorrect I may not offer further help.

Steps:
Update BIOS.
Check and possibly modify ACPI options in BIOS.
Change "Computer" driver (see Device Manager) to correct one.
Reboot.
If Blue Screen of Death,
Try Last known good configuration selection.​
If Blue Screen of Death,
Repair install Windows.​

Last edited:
OP
sunrunner20

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
Did all that. Didn't work, so I gave up and just started configuring windows to where I can use it. Some of the configuring was installing drivers(duh) and what happened is only slighly less inexplicable than windows just up and dieing.
I installed my video driver and it started working... :shrug: :bang head
Microsoft does it again... :eh?: