• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting it to dial up automatically?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roger24

I have ISDN, so I checked the connect automatically box and set it to disconnect after 3 minutes inactivity.
It seemed to work fine with IE, so I went to sleep.
After I woke up, I saw that the console had unsucessfully tried to send the results back :(

What operating system are you running? If you are running Win2K, you need to start the remote access auto connection manager service in administrative tools under services. I'm not sure what else you will have to do as I've never set up ISDN to autodial but I know that you will have to have this service running in Win2K for anything to dial out. Hope this helps you out.

It works (at least with mIRC) :)
I set that service to automatic and started it, unchecked the ask before dialing box in Network and Dial-up Connections, Advanced, dial-up preferences and tested. Now it allows mIRC to connect automatically (and FAH2Console too I hope), but asks me if I want to connect or work offline when I use Internet Explorer.

Back