• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting more ocz pc4000 el gold worth it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wfarid

Im thinking about buying another gig of ocz pc4000 el gold. It's really expensive though and I was wondering whether I should just sell my 2X256 ocz pc4000 el gold and just get a 1gig of the ocz eb's...

flapperhead

no offense to ocz cause i like them, but right now all of the pc4000 from the memory specialty companies are expensive... if all u need is 254 there is ALOT of cheaper alternatives.. kvr with bt-d43 chips/ komusa pc4200/4000 hyperram with adata chips just to name a few.. u might want to consider the ocz eb pc3700 cause alot of that stuff will run 250+ at 2.8/2.9v with very good timings designed for intel chipsets...

OP
wfarid

wfarid

yea i totally agree with u one that dude.... hmm im waiting for the volt mode slot thingy coming out from ocz 2... damn that thing sounds hott..

OP
wfarid

wfarid

:drool:

yea i really wanna sell my ocz gold sticks, but i still dunno whether its worth it for me to shell out the $$ for the eb's or just try and get lucky with buffalo's... hmmm... more research can only tell... im getting a 3.0e soon and I plan to wc it.... And i'll prolly be ocing around 250-26? fsb on my msi 875p neo fis2r... hmm so is it worthwhile for me to go eb or not in this case?