• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting one-click dually to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WillS

Registered
One click didn't work for me on my dually Athlon MP rig (see sig) with Windows Server. After every reboot the client.cfg files in the various folders get reset. Both files indicate MachineID 1 and no username. I change them and they go right back after the reboot. :bang head I'll try to remove FAH then reinstall but has anybody got any idea why it's doing this?

stan03

you are editing in notepad right? can you try a fresh download? maybe yours was corrupted or something.

Andyman902042

stan03 said:
you are editing in notepad right?
That's probably the problem right there. If FAH detects a corrupt config file, it'll generate a new one. Use notepad to edit it and keep everything the same execpt for the username. Don't add any spaces before or after your username, but keep those little box symbols

OP
W

WillS

Registered
Thanks guys. I'll clean it off again and try once more.

Leave it to me to make the easy install look hard :rolleyes:

@md0Cer

Also if it keeps changing what you had in notepad, you could also edit it and set it to read only :)

For quick and easy setup I do recomend the uberbuzzard installer over one-click despite the awsomeness of one-click.

http://www.netbetty.com/uberBuzzardFAHinstall.zip

There is a link to it. Just install one as machine ID1 and the other as ID2 for a duallie ;)

OP
W

WillS

Registered
Thanks to all, especially @md0Cer. All my machines are now happily folding away. :D

I'm addicted already. Took a look around the office today and spied some empty space that's just begging to be filled up with some extra folding rigs...