• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting Started in MOdding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mils128

i want to get started in modding and wanted to know what tools i should have and what are basic easy mods. i have a x-superalien case and want to mod it.

gvblake22

A well thought out plan is also a good idea. It is almost inevitable that you will either screw up or decide you should have done something a little different afterwards.

I think that window mods are not too hard (but can be frustrating) to do but it will give your case the biggest look of change (for the better hopefully!). Just be precise = measure twice, cut once ;)

But if you want to start small, new/different fan holes and such are pretty easy and you can put a cool looking LED fan in there or something.

heyheyhey

Registered
Dremel, jigsaw, holesaw (for fan holes), and a good imagination are good things to have.

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
1.What the others said, you could NEVER have enough tools.:D
2.When you think you have a good idea, try to visualize it in your head. I it doesn't look good then change the plan/design until it at least looks good in your head.
3.When I do stuff I spend A LOT of time looking at the stuff I want to mod, trying to see it from different angels until I decide to go for a sollution.

NEVER OVERDO STUFF. Example: If you think that red, green and blue cold catodes would be cool. Stick with ONE of them...

daniel_dynasty

wow you got ths x super alien eh. the one with the 500 watt psu? thats pretty nice i was gonna get that but chose the antec 1000amg instead