• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED getting the best out of my build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

troysanders

hey, new around here and overclocking in general... but anyways on to what this thread is about.

i've recently started looking into overclocking and decided to checkout my presets before i tried anything on my own.. there were several preset in my bios one of them being 4.8ghz.. decided to give it a go (on stock cooler..shh i know bad idea but this is just to test if my cpu could hit what it was asked to..this being that some cpus cant hit certain ocs i heard) what really happened was a core voltage that was too high and a speed of 5.2ghz and a really hot cpu but seemingly stable (didnt stay at 80*c for too long, probably less then 30 minutes in prime 95)

now im wondering, what could i sit at with a pretty good safe zone? i was thinking about 4.5ghz now that i got the c14? (no i have not tried the presets with the c14 because the core voltage was WAY too high)

build:
cpu: i5 2500k
mobo: asrock pro3-m
ram: 8gb g.skill sniper 12800
gpu: asus 550ti
psu: antec neo eco 520w
cpu cooler: noctua nh-c14
case: sentey bx1 4243

room temp 15*c (unheated basement, although not for long as im moving back to brazil and my average temps will be around 20*C)
~stock clocking ~
idle temp:18-21*c on all cores
under load: 29-39*c on all cores

i think i got everything needed for this kind of request (if needed just ask ill post more.

edit: if i get another set of the same ram would i need to change anything in the oc settings?

Last edited:
Back