• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF4 MX and Unreal 2k3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quegyboe

I want to know how other users are doing with the GF4 MX series in Unreal Tourney 2k3. I can run 1024x768 32bit, max demo detail (Highest or Normal, depending on the option), Quincunx AA, LOD BIAS -2 and it's totally playable (30fps at the slowest with 9 bots). I was just wondering if anyone else can do this with a GF4 MX. My specs are in my sig, and I am running Windows ME with the 40.72 dets.

UT2003 will run fine on your machine (according to your sig) as long as you play it safe and set all settings on medium and use 800x600 (1024x768).

The MX series of cards simply dont got the fill rate to handle those super high poly counts on high resolution.

It also helps to have 64MB of Video ram or more when playing UT2003.

OC-Master

No no, my point is that my GF4 MX can run UT 2k3 fine at 1024 max detail. I guess I should say, it runs fine to ME. Different people have different ideas of fine...but it's good enough for me!

"u should probably wanna upgrade ur CPU and MoBo. They seem to struggle on some new games like UT 2k3"

What kinda advice is this when you're playing on a TNT2-M64 3D-decellerator yourself!?!? He's only saying the game is running alright on his system! I get 55FPS average after playing for 15min. 1024x768 32bit options 'high' on my GF4-MX460.

Lancelot said:
"u should probably wanna upgrade ur CPU and MoBo. They seem to struggle on some new games like UT 2k3"

What kinda advice is this when you're playing on a TNT2-M64 3D-decellerator yourself!?!? He's only saying the game is running alright on his system! I get 55FPS average after playing for 15min. 1024x768 32bit options 'high' on my GF4-MX460.

LOL you just laid the smackdown, nice one :beer:

I'm sorry but I don't understand why anyone would buy a GF4mx, or any mx for that matter. Unless it's just ignorance and/or succumbing to the deceptive "GF4" name.

the guy isnt telling others to buy one, just seeing if his results are out of the ordinary :)

sounds pretty good to me for a gf4mx core, and yes no one should be buying a gf4mx now, especially since ATI has released the radeon 9000pro...

theres a kid in my school's computer club who claims that it runs fine on his Inspiron 8200/Geforce4 MX440 Go at 1600x1200x32 with all details on high...........i made him run the benchmark, and apparently "fine" is defined by 15fps lol...though i was impressed nonetheless by the score

Well that's some nice FPS from the system you got there.
I have a TNT2 Pro and got a Rad 9K on the way.
I once had the courage to run the benchmark at 1600x1200 (not sure if it was 16 or 32 bit), this was a fatal mistake, it took like more than half an hour to finish, lol. I got like 7fps at flyby and about 5fps at bot fight. I was ROTFLMAO at that score. I think that my system will do fine with the new rad.
Also I'm running the game at 800x600 with medium settings and it runs decent, I would estimate 25fps. but its pretty much constant.

PS. how do you display the FPS in game? Is it possible, like in Q3A?

I didn't want to start this thread to argue about buying a GF4 MX. I made this thread to show that the GF4 MX is a capable video card. I have my own reasons for buying my GF4 MX, and that is that. No point arguing about it.

As for the Radeon 9000 Pro, it may be a better card, but here it's also alot more $$$. $119 vs. $219 is a big diff for me right now, so that sorts that out. This GF4 MX is ALOT better than my old GF2 MX, so I am very happy.

Lancelot, nice FPS. This card is quite capable of playing games IMO.

u should probably wanna upgrade ur CPU and MoBo. They seem to struggle on some new games like UT 2k3

Why? My mobo is quite a decent mobo. I do plan to get an Xp1800+ soon, but the ram and mobo are fine.

Back