• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF4600 wont work with kx7333r

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I just put my 4600 in my rig and it turns on for a second and goes right back off. I put the 4600 in my back up machine and it works fine. I even sawapped the psu's but ti didn't help. What the trick to get the 4600 to work, my Radeon ran fine and still does. Is there a setting I have wrong?

ib69nu

first what brand of 4600 do you have. I have a visiontek with the kx7-333r and it works fine. did you make sure that the card is seated all the way into the socket, etc. you might try clearing the cmos and see if that helps at all.

Arctic

well I MSI ti4600 works great on my KX7333R....but I remember that a couple of months ago.. I couldnt get the ATI all in wonder 8500 128mb to load with this board.. it was wierd.. it booted a few times....only if I really push the card into the socket.. but after that it just didn't work but the card works in another system.... but after I switch to a ti4200 it works fine.. and same with the 4600 that i have now.. I still haven't figure out why the ATI card all in wonder 8500 128mb didn't work on my board... yet the 64mb version of the 8500 AIW works fine...:rolleyes: :eh?: :confused:

Pla

I have similar problem with my GF4 and KD7. When I use the GF4 and power up - the lights just blink and the computer goes off. If I press the power button again nothing happens.

But if I hold down the button for 4 seconds it tries again.

When I do this several times at hte end it succeeds to boot.

Then if I shutdown and try to boot it boots with no problems.

This "hard" booting happens only when the power supply was off. Once it boots it works fine.

Here is what I think happens:

I think the current drawn is very high when booting for first time when all the capacitors are empty. Once they get filled the current is normal. That's why you have to try to boot several times so the capacitors can get filled up.
When the computer is off the mainboard is in stand-by moad so the caps stay full.

But this is just my oppinion. Retrying worked for me.