• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GForce 2 Ultra Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I have been getting system reboots lately.
I have the latest drivers and I took the fan off and added Arctic Silver 3,but it still reboots and the Error message says Gforce 2 seems to be the cause of the system instability.
Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
I am using Win XP Home..
Thanks

sounds like maybe a driver problem.

are you overclocked when if reboots? and do you have some kind of fan blowing at the card?

try reinstalling the driver or a different driver.

a nother posibility is that you got some AS3 on some resistors making it short out :(

The card is not overclocked at all,it is a card from Gateway that came with my Gateway system,so I just called and they are sending me a brand new one:)
But I am going to see if I got AS3 on a curcuit..
Thanks

Did you overclock the card and leave it that way? An unstable video card will get exactly that error message.

No it is set to default levels,it has been at default for a few weeks now.But it was overclocked at one time..

It could be the nvidia infinite loop error. Check out viahardware.com if you think it is.

-Steve

I totally removed the AS3 and it seems good now,I will let it run and see what happens,gosh I had it on ther perfect and I used very little AS3..

I looked at viahardware.com but I didnt find anything on this..

Ok I did find it,and also I did a search for Nvidia drivers and found drivers I didn't even know existed,I was using the drivers from the Nvidia site,and I guess they suck,so I tryed the 2750 driver and WOW what a difference ,everything is much brighter.
I don't know if it will fix the problem with rebooting,but we will see.
Thanks for all the help:D

DAve, I think I'm having the same problems with my GeForce2 MX400 card.

Where exactly did you find that driver? Did the new driver fix the rebooting on your XP machine?

Chuck

Well, the 23.11 didn't reboot the computer overnight, but it did lock it up in a blank screeen. So I guess I'm trying the 27.50 Beta.

Chuck

Help!

I tried loading the 27.50 driver and Win XP Pro is not recognizing it as a better driver. How do make XP use the new driver?

Chuck

Gosh good question,it worked for me,but I also found that Nvidia updated there driver database,they have a new driver out for XP and 2000..I think it is 2832..

I guess I finally got something to work.

I downloaded the 28.32 Det driver and ran the .exe file. After rebooting, I checked the driver version and it still said 2.3.1.1, so I used the dentonator desroyer to uninstall the driver and rebooted.

After rebooting, it reinstalled the default XP driver (2.3.1.1). This time, I Updated the driver and this time, it saw the 27.50 that I tried loading yesterday.

After rebooting, it now has a driver version 5.01.2001?

Oh well, at least it isn't rebooting anymore.

Back