• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gforce Mx400 Tweekin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

john240sx

video cards overclock indepently from the rest of your system so your processor and system ram isn't going to limit you.

stock MX400's are set to 200Mhz core and 166Mhz ram. some people have got some awsome overclocks out of thier MX400's but most people seem to get from 220-250Mhz core and 200-230Mhz ram.

the best i can get my MX400 is 240Mhz core and 190Mhz ram. i have a good overclocking core but my ram isn't too good.

now, i use the Gefore Tweak Utility from www.guru3d.com the problem with it is your limited to the 29.42 drivers and lower. another good tweaker is the Riva Tuner also availble from the same website. i don't have much expirence with it so someone else will have to give you a run down for the basics of Riva Tuner.

one thing i've found with my MX400 is overclocking the ram has a larger impact then overclocking the core alone. you might get different results.

before you start overclocking the card you should download 3DMark2001SE so you can test for stability problems and artifacts. (you'll see graphic glitches, colored spots missing textures if your overclocking too high)

to start overclocking i would try 205Mhz core and 170Mhz ram and run 3DMark, if you don't see any discolored textures or any other graphic errors then you can try a higher clock speed.

only increase the speed by 5Mhz at a time for the core and ram speed. when you start to see graphic errors then back off 5Mhz and try again. once you can run 3DMark in a loop for about 3 hours with no problem then i'd say you found your cards max speed.

good luck :)

OP
bassbeatz

bassbeatz

AMD Vs NVIDA TRANSPLANT SURGUREY

thanx for all you recent info,the tweeks so far ::
amd duron up from 950 to 1050mhz X10,fsb up from 100 to 104mhz,pci @34.6 mhz,nvida mx400 64 m core up from 200 to 200mhz,mem clock up from 166 to 175:::

all the settings have been achived using Riva tuner,i can set the riva to 240 mhz core clock and 187 mhz mem clock,but system went unstable after an hour.i can not check system on 3dtest yet as my monitor wont deal with 1276x and above 60 hrtz but have used cpuhot and had a 99 % readingidrivers being used on nvida are the 29.42,these seem to run medal of honour with alot more smoothness and weapon fire seems to have improved on weapon recoils ie no more judders or slow fire rate,explosions ect have more affect ie flames ,smoke,even down to breathing vapours from mouths of soldiers.

my amd chip i have used pencil to join L1 GATES AND CUT @ JOINED the other Lgates but this seems to have only unlocked
the chip for multiplyer use only,to a max of 10 x even though board will do 12 x.front side bus clock is set at 100 mhz i can not uce any switch as the board has solder joint where dip should be,
ANY SUGESTIONS appriciated!
the rest of the tweekong stage is how do i turn up the voltage cores HELP.WHAT INFO HAS ANY ONE ELSE WANT TO ADD.

:cool: JOHN240SX.........AMDs CHIP CHOPPER!

OP
bassbeatz

bassbeatz

Re: AMD Vs NVIDA TRANSPLANT SURGUREY

bassbeatz said:
thanx for all you recent info,the tweeks so far ::
amd duron up from 950 to 1050mhz X10,fsb up from 100 to 104mhz,pci @34.6 mhz,nvida mx400 64 m core up from 200 to 200mhz,mem clock up from 166 to 175:::

all the settings have been achived using Riva tuner,i can set the riva to 240 mhz core clock and 187 mhz mem clock,but system went unstable after an hour.i can not check system on 3dtest yet as my monitor wont deal with 1276x and above 60 hrtz but have used cpuhot and had a 99 % readingidrivers being used on nvida are the 29.42,these seem to run medal of honour with alot more smoothness and weapon fire seems to have improved on weapon recoils ie no more judders or slow fire rate,explosions ect have more affect ie flames ,smoke,even down to breathing vapours from mouths of soldiers.

my amd chip i have used pencil to join L1 GATES AND CUT @ JOINED the other Lgates but this seems to have only unlocked
the chip for multiplyer use only,to a max of 10 x even though
board will do 12 x.front side bus clock is set at 100 mhz i can not uce any switch as the board has solder joint where dip should be,
ANY SUGESTIONS appriciated!
the rest of the tweekong stage is how do i turn up the voltage cores HELP.WHAT INFO HAS ANY ONE ELSE WANT TO ADD.

:cool: JOHN240SX.........AMDs CHIP CHOPPER!
[life is like a sandwhich,the more you put in it the better it getz!! bb202]

ThePunkGeek

every try lowering the core and seeing what you hit with ram alone?
john240sx said:
video cards overclock indepently from the rest of your system so your processor and system ram isn't going to limit you.

stock MX400's are set to 200Mhz core and 166Mhz ram. some people have got some awsome overclocks out of thier MX400's but most people seem to get from 220-250Mhz core and 200-230Mhz ram.

the best i can get my MX400 is 240Mhz core and 190Mhz ram. i have a good overclocking core but my ram isn't too good.

now, i use the Gefore Tweak Utility from www.guru3d.com the problem with it is your limited to the 29.42 drivers and lower. another good tweaker is the Riva Tuner also availble from the same website. i don't have much expirence with it so someone else will have to give you a run down for the basics of Riva Tuner.

one thing i've found with my MX400 is overclocking the ram has a larger impact then overclocking the core alone. you might get different results.

before you start overclocking the card you should download 3DMark2001SE so you can test for stability problems and artifacts. (you'll see graphic glitches, colored spots missing textures if your overclocking too high)

to start overclocking i would try 205Mhz core and 170Mhz ram and run 3DMark, if you don't see any discolored textures or any other graphic errors then you can try a higher clock speed.

only increase the speed by 5Mhz at a time for the core and ram speed. when you start to see graphic errors then back off 5Mhz and try again. once you can run 3DMark in a loop for about 3 hours with no problem then i'd say you found your cards max speed.

good luck :)

OP
bassbeatz

bassbeatz

final tweaks so far 1005mhz up from 950mhz

fsb still @ 100mhz

nvida mx400 64mb/coolbits on registry/riva tuner,memory clock @170up from 166mhz,core clock @225 up from 200mhz.

most performance settings are on ie antiliasig,vsync ect with some good results cant 3d bench mark as monitor wont take res
but medal of honour now runs smooth with all graphic options set to high to max where as befor most were on low to medium.
have run game for three hours continous with no glitches/played a racing sim no problems with definate improvement on frame rate and graphix smoothness.still need some help on this chaintec
board on how to increase fsb from 100mhz on a soldered cap switch with a vacant connection next to it!!!!