• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GFX Card + High FSB = ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightowl

I am running the system#1 in my sig with a fsb of 192MHz. My Abit GF4 Ti4200 does not really like these speeds though. The agp bus is running at around 76MHz . Can anyone point me towards a card, preferably a GF4, which can handle this sort of abuse :D

On my board I can select a 5:2:1 divider so so the agp bus is at 76MHz. My RAM and motherboard should be good for at least 200MHz fsb and I would like to get a gfx card that can keep up. Everything else (hdd, nic and sound) manages OK :)

What makes you say your GF4 'doesn't really like this speed of 76Mhz AGP"?! My MX460 OCed to 330/630 is running at 89Mhz AGP w/o any probs...

My display goes really funny. I get coloured blocks all over my screen during bootup and in windows colours are just not right. It is cool that your card can handle it but I just dont think my card likes the higher agp bus speeds.

try setting the agp interface down to 2x if you have it at 4x. otherwise you have to be lucky: this is not something that you can really be sure about; some cards may work ok at the high bus, some may not.

o770 said:
try setting the agp interface down to 2x if you have it at 4x.

Cool I will try that. Would be nice if that helps. I count myself lucky that I have got it this far :D

Back