• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE B550 AORUS dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remove

Setup a new system at the end of December. B550 mobo, ryzen 7 3700x and a 3060ti. After just over a months use the GIGABYTE B550 AORUS mobo died. 17 days outside of the return window.......:mad:

There are no visual signs of damage like burn marks, broken connectors, etc. Worked last night and not today. CPU, ram and GPU on a 450 board so of course its the board.

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips for that particular board in case it can be revived?

***Update- 2/23*** There is a mega thread on the issues around these boards here ->
Turning the Global C State to disabled in Bios fixed the issue so far with mine vs most people having to revert there PCI to gen 3. Hope this helps

Last edited:
If all the other parts work on a different board...None offhand... RMA time.

Does it have QFlash? Not sure if it doesn't turn on dead or throws codes (what exact B550 Aorus board? There are several)

If all the other parts work on a different board...None offhand... RMA time.

Does it have QFlash? Not sure if it doesn't turn on dead or throws codes (what exact B550 Aorus board? There are several)

Will not turn on at all!

Update - Found a temp fix that worked for a guy on a reddit thread. Pulled the battery (cmos reset) and it fired back up. I know this cannot be a permanent fix but what does resetting that disgnose about what is wrong with the board?

Pulled the battery (cmos reset) and it fired back up.
Nice! Love it when the basics take care of things! :thup:

but what does resetting that disgnose about what is wrong with the board?
Not much. It could have fixed the issue... who knows. Time will tell at this point.

Nice! Love it when the basics take care of things! :thup:

Not much. It could have fixed the issue... who knows. Time will tell at this point.

Going to work on securing another board as I do not have a warm fuzzy about this situation. :eek:

Had time today to replicate the failures. About 3/4 power cycles through win OS and it dies. Pull battery for a minute, replce, powers right up. Not cool. About to go into chat with customer service so wish me luck.

If pulling the battery sets it right again for awhile then it sounds like some kind of bios issue. Is it dual bios board by any chance?

If pulling the battery sets it right again for awhile then it sounds like some kind of bios issue. Is it dual bios board by any chance?

It is this board -> https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b55...BYTE_B550 AORUS Master-_-13-145-217-_-Product

As described in specs:

BIOS:
2 x 256 Mbit flash
Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0

Unique Features:
Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
@BioS
EasyTune
Fast Boot
Game Boost
ON/OFF Charge
RGB Fusion
Smart Backup
System Information Viewer
Support for Q-Flash Plus
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress Install

***Update- 2/23*** There is a mega thread on the issues around these boards here ->
Turning the Global C State to disabled in Bios fixed the issue so far with mine vs most people having to revert there PCI to gen 3. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Back