• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR ddr3 1600mzh fsb motherboard help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simauzas

Registered
Hi. I want to ask, does this motherboard is good for overlocking my intel core 2 quad q9650 cpu? Does P45 chipset is good on overlocking?
Thanks.

Edit: exact model of MB is Gigabyte GA-P45T-ES3G. ddr3 16gb 1600+oc.

Last edited:
It should be one of the better ones for C2Q

Im sorry, the exact model is Gigabyte GA-P45T-ES3G, it can handdle 16gb of ddr3 rams, 1600+oc

Well that's different. That board is pretty weak in the power section and likely won't go too far for overclocking even the ud3lr wasn't great but this one is worse

Maybe, it's a pretty cheap board. It will depend on the power section. You'll have to keep it cool with an extra fan. If you haven't bought it yet I would look for something a bit better

I woulnt bought it yet. So, I have two option to choose between GA-P45T-ES3G and GA-EP45T-UD3LR, what to choose? To overlock, and to achieve best experience in games.

But, what motherboard with socket775 and ddr3 is the best MB in the world for overlocking?

GA-EP45T extreme. ASUS rampage Extreme. Those are a couple of the best and still expensive.
The ud3rl is better but still not great. I would pick it over the other.

I think I will stay on p45. I know its not best, but for lga775, and my budget, I think I will not find better than GA-EP45T-UD3LR. So I will buy it, it cost about 100dollars.

Intel Core 2 Quad q9650 overcloking

Hi. I have C2Q q9650 cpu. And Im looking for a Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR. I want to ask, is this set is good for overcloking? How much I can reach in q9650 with ths Motherboard?

And sorry for my bad English, this is not my first language:)

The P45 chipset is an outstanding chipset for overclocking the Q9650. I can't speak to that specific Gigabyte board's prowess in overclocking, but the Asus P5Q Pro turbo I used with my Q9650 allowed me to reach a rock-solid 24/7 speed of 4250Mhz.

But that board you specified is ddr2, I need ddr3 memory. So ep45t is good choice to overclock? Need more opinions with q9650 and p45 chipset.

Best motherboard for 100$? For overclocking to achieve best fsb speed. lga775.

Hi. What is the best lga 775 motherboard, with ddr3, to achieve best overclocking features? I nees stable 24/7 oberclock to my q9650.
Budget - 100$ arround.

Merged duplicate threads....one thread per subject please. :)

UD3LR will be fine for overclocking a q9650.

Back