• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

Is the Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW any good. I've found it for $135. Can you slap regular RAM in there, or does it need to be registered?

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
Thanks lonewolf! :)

Yeah, it's a good stable board. Very easy to work with. It can take unbuffered DRAM in the first two slots.

It's not a great overclocker though. The only thing in BIOS are some DRAM tweaks and the FSB speed. For overclocking the MSI K7D Master is where it's at. It has voltages, multiplier adjustments, FSB, DRAM and even an option to ignore the L5 bridge, although I'm not sure if that works or not.

The Gigabyte is a good board and at $135 is an absolute steal. Go for it.

Henry Rollins II

The last pic in that article shows the board mounted in the case. What kind of ATA kables are you using there? It looks like speaker wire(copper w/ transparant surface).

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
i have one and it is stable as a rock folding 24/7. i even have an audgy 1394 in a 64bit slot(knock on wood) tho only prob is that board temps read a little high.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
Twisted said:
i have one and it is stable as a rock folding 24/7. i even have an audgy 1394 in a 64bit slot(knock on wood) tho only prob is that board temps read a little high.

Yeah, mine reads high too. The CPUs are at about 43C on cold boot and there is no way in hell that could happen with a room temp of 23C.

Yeah Henry they're some sweet looking cables. I first got them so I wouldn't have to deal with the bulky flat ATA cables and they looked snazzy. Maybe I'll pick up one of those premodded chieftec case doors with a window in it.