• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte ga-f2a55m-ds2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steverob1983

When turning sons pc on i built for him last year it displays the bios is corrupt and is recovering using backup bios. Once process finishes at 100% pc restarts but goes right back to the same screen and starts over again and is stuck in a loop. Tried contacting Gigabyte with no joy.
Any idea's people?
Thanks for any help

Can you update the BIOS manually? Gigabyte will have all the BIOS versions listed on the page for the board under the "Support" tab. I would grab the latest one and put it on a flash drive (dont forget to unzip it). If you can get to the BIOS flash utility (watch close @ boot : it may say "press F8 to enter Q-flash" or something like that) then you should be able to set things right from there.

I would guess the only thing you can do of that doesn't work is replace the bios chip, which you can buy from Gigabyte. Im certain you can get one cheaper elsewhere but Gigabyte will send one that has the right BIOS flashed already. Good luck

Not sure i can get to the flash utility. Soon as the post beep sounds it goes straight to the auto recovery screen.

Not sure i can get to the flash utility. Soon as the post beep sounds it goes straight to the auto recovery screen.
If you can find out the key to press (I beleive F8 or F10 but it could be different) you can start jamming on it before you press the power button and you might luck out. After that, Im out of ideas.

Back