• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB XTREME GAMING WATERFORCE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-NightHawk

Does anyone have experience with this card?

It's a 1 slot GTX 980 TI that is cooled by a preinstalled AIO water cooling solution. I'm thinking I want 3 of these cards. I figure I can keep my PCIe wireless N and have a PCIe SSD without issue because of the cards only needing one slot of space.

Are there any other cards like this? I have no experience with Gigabyte.

Its 2 slot, and where are you going to place 3 120mm rads? That tubing isn't very long...

I honestly think that would look like a terrible mess. I would go full custom...

Why 3 980Ti's? You running 4K or something and want AA on?

It's dual slot, not single slot.
It is? :( It looked like a single slot from one of the images but having gone back and looked again I see the little notch. :( Shoot here I thought I found a master piece. I think in that case I'll go with the eVGA or MSI/Corsair variant depending on the deals.

Yes, it is. Look at the expansion slot bracket.

Even with blocks there are few GPU's which are single slot. Your rear bracket is still dual slot on almost all cards.
The only one I can think of right away with a true single slot design is the K|NGP|N.

Also, +1 to Earthdog, why do you think you need 3x 980Ti?

Its 2 slot, and where are you going to place 3 120mm rads? That tubing isn't very long...

I have room for one on the top towards the front of the case. The back top has space for one. I think in that case I'll stick with the compromise of 2. At least I can move them up to each other which leaves me two full PCIe slots open.

Can a PCIe card that fits in the small PCIe slot work in the full length slot? If so I might still be able to have a PCIe SSD and my wireless without my graphics cards cooking be right next to each other. That would make me very happy. :D

"On the top towards the front"........... "the tubes are not very long". OC, you will need to find out if that even fits. I would think on top directly ABOVE the card would work, and then the second one on the rear. Not sure you are going to be able to reach "top front or even top middle"... depends on the case though.

Yes, 1x cards work in 16x slots.

So, again, why 2/3 cards?

Yes, it is. Look at the expansion slot bracket.

Even with blocks there are few GPU's which are single slot. Your rear bracket is still dual slot on almost all cards.
The only one I can think of right away with a true single slot design is the K|NGP|N.

Also, +1 to Earthdog, why do you think you need 3x 980Ti?

I want to be able to drive higher resolution displays in surround and try to keep 60FPS. I'm not sure if I want 4K, 5K or the Curved Ultra Wide monitors.

The third was just because I thought it would fit easy.

If you're going Surround 4K monitors, get the TitanX, you'll want the VRAM. It really isn't feasible right now.
Also, IIRC, Surround doesn't like the ultra wides.

If you want Surround, I suggest sticking to 3x1440p right now.
Otherwise, any single monitor is fine with 2x 980Ti.

Either way, go G-Sync since your main goal is gaming.

One Titan X can drive three 4K screens at max settings at the full refresh rate of the monitor? That explains why they cost so much.

Maybe I would be better off with just one Dell 5K monitor. Would one Titan X or two 980 TI cards be able to drive it at 5K Max settings full frame rate?

No not one you would still need multiple to surround 4k displays. What he was saying is that for that large of a display resolution you will need the titan x because of the increased vRAM. The Titan X is only about 2% faster than a 980ti.

One Titan X can drive three 4K screens at max settings at the full refresh rate of the monitor? That explains why they cost so much.

Maybe I would be better off with just one Dell 5K monitor. Would one Titan X or two 980 TI cards be able to drive it at 5K Max settings full frame rate?
No, it cannot :(. You can also check out some reviews on the web which show its performance at 4k. :)

In most titles, I doubt 2 Titans could provide a decent gaming experience in most titles without turning down some settings (assuming AA is off already).

I agree with ATM... if you want pixels aND surround, grab 3 2560x1440 g-sync panels and two Titan Xs to drive that well. If my math is right, that is ~33% more pixels than 4K..

No not one you would still need multiple to surround 4k displays. What he was saying is that for that large of a display resolution you will need the titan x because of the increased vRAM. The Titan X is only about 2% faster than a 980ti.

I think I am going to dial it down to one Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34-Inch display. Will two GTX 980 TI cards be enough to drive it at max frame rate (60) on max settings?

Would the 120mm radiator be enough to cool this Gigabyte gtx 980 ti Xtreme? I was under the impression that it takes 1 120mm radiator to cool 100W, and this card is pushing like 250-300. Plus it has the extra 6-pin power cable on top of the 2 8-pin power cables.

Gtx 980 is a 165w card.

It will cool it ok. There are hybrid 980tis out at 250w with a single 120mm rad. ;)

Gtx 980 is a 165w card.

It will cool it ok. There are hybrid 980tis out at 250w with a single 120mm rad. ;)

The Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Xtreme is a hybrid in my opinion... fully custom pcb with 2 8-pin power connectors plus the extra 6-pin power connector just for OC. I love the aerospace coating on the pcb to resist moisture and corrosion. I haven't heard exactly how much power this consumes but I would guess its in the upper 200's.

Hybrid refers to water and air cooling, not a custom pcb. ;)

As I said, the 980ti has a board power of 250w.

Back