• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce OC Thermal Pads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zshift

I had an issue with the fans on my 1080, so I ordered a replacement set and some thermal pads. I swapped thermal paste, removed the old pads, and installed the new ones. Now, the fans spin to max as soon as I launch any 3D app, and won't subside until a full system shutdown. When I was looking at the new thermal pads, I realized the VRM pads were much thinner than original. I had purchased pads for a waterblock accidentally, instead of the OEM sized pads. I've triple-checked the fans, and even built a PWM circuit to test the fans independent of the GPU, everything checks out fine.

tl;dr I'm looking for the sizes of thermal pads on the original cooler for this card, or a direct replacement, if possible.

card: https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD#kf

OP
Z

zshift

Switching to water cooling would cost hundreds. I was looking for a solution < $100

SPL Tech

You can buy thermal pads on ebay. They are kind of all the same size. If you need to make them thicker, you add more layers.