• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte mainboard with dual PIII

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VeryFirstSMP

Registered
I originally posted this in the Mainboard section but thought I would get a response here...

Got a Gigabyte GA-6VTXDR-C with dual PIII Tualitin 1.26 512k. I couldn't find any information about this board on the Gigabyte site... to help (a little) its basically got no AGP, 5 PCI slots, onboard RAID and LAN (Intel).

I was really just wondering if anyone has this setup and how they have gone with OC? Or, anyone have this board and had any joy?

I came across a page recently that basically said this board has no features that allow overclocking. Just thought I would ask the community for there opinion.

Thanks.

If its got no AGP then I think it will be aimed mostly at the server, possibly workstation market. I think most SMPers here use duallies as their main rigs, including at least some gaming.

I could be wrong tho, wouldnt be the first time :D.

If it has no AGP, Ill bet $20 that its a Serverworks chipset...nice, very solid and stable, but Ive yet to see one overclockable via the BIOS. Since you have 133 FSB P3s there, there's no chance for you to OC; the only way to OC would be to do the BSEL pin trick found in the Intel stickies, and for that you need a lower FSB on the CPUs than the board supports.

Computing for me is like a 10, 000 peice jig saw puzzle... slowly pieces are fitting together, but the picture is far from complete.

When I originally put this machine together I did a bit of research myself but handballed most of it to an associate (who has been in the hadware business for many years). Somehow, I end up with a stable but otherwise useless motherboard.

Here's me using 3ds max with a PCI based video card... yet I have onboard RAID!! Wacko. Unfortunately, I cant afford another 120Gb HDD.

I wonder how many other people have learned this lesson -->> Dont rely on anyone... no matter how much you (or they) think they know!!!

Back