• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Gigabyte X99 SOC Champion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Started computer and system hangs on code A79 which manual says is entering bios. It goes to enter bios screen but then black. Cannot get into bios.
Have tried switching to second bios and same thing. Any ideas on problem.

Last edited:
Did you try reflashing the BIOS'??

What troubleshooting have you done so far? Please share so we are not spinning our wheels here. :)

Do not know how to flash bios without being able to get into bios. Have done nothing but switch bios to second bios.
Turned off and unplugged. Thats all I tried.

Ok, so it doesn't have a one of those 'can flash without CPU' type things... ok.

Yeah, if you pulled the battery on the board, the jumpers, and plug for a while, then I would guess its RMA time.

Lemme dig around a bit I have one of those boards and it's a fussy little ***** at times. Did you try with one stick of ram? I also run it on single bios exclusively. Make sure the OC socket is dis abled as well

Just put battery back in. Its back running. Thanks for the help everyone.

Back