• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte z370 hd3 with F7 bios read only half RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wsoverclock

Hi all,

Really frustated on this. Searching on internet for many weeks did not solve the problem.
Already tried slot combination. All slot are fine.
Already tried reseating the bios battery. Reseating the processor. No luck.
Reseating the memory.
When put single ram 16gb, bios detect only 8gb.
When put double 16gb x 2, bios detect only 16gb (2 slot detected in bios, each 8gb).
Motherboard z370 hd3 intel core i7.
Bios F14b (2019) newest update from gigabyte site
Memory corsair vengeance 32gb (16gb x 2) ddr4 2666Mhz 16 18 18 35, 1.2V .
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Please need help.
Thankyou

Last edited:
Id try raising System Agent voltage up maybe 0.1V, maybe 0.15V from stock and see if that helps. Is the memory on the QVL list?

I also had some problems initially when I went from 2x8 to 4x8 on my Z370 HD3, where it didn't identify the full memory. I don't remember what solved it specifically - I definitely did some re-seating, cmos wipes, loading safe settings, etc - eventually I also raised System Agent and VCCIO to 1.2V. Whether or not it solved anything - who knows, but you can try it and see if it helps you.

Id try raising System Agent voltage up maybe 0.1V, maybe 0.15V from stock and see if that helps. Is the memory on the QVL list?

What is QVL ?
My memory VOLTAGE setting is greyed up. Cannot accessible. Why?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I also had some problems initially when I went from 2x8 to 4x8 on my Z370 HD3, where it didn't identify the full memory. I don't remember what solved it specifically - I definitely did some re-seating, cmos wipes, loading safe settings, etc - eventually I also raised System Agent and VCCIO to 1.2V. Whether or not it solved anything - who knows, but you can try it and see if it helps you.

Please inform the url for how to re-seating, cmos wipe, loading safe settings..?

QVL = Qualified Vendor List. Please go to your website for your motherboard and look for Memory support.

No clue. Please post a screenshot showing what you are seeing. Again, you would want to change SYSTEM AGENT voltage, not the memory voltage.

What is QVL ?
My memory VOLTAGE setting is greyed up. Cannot accessible. Why?

Please inform the url for how to re-seating, cmos wipe, loading safe settings..?
Clear CMOS you can read in the manual of the motherboard, load optimized defaults is from bios. And system agent and VCCIO are from the CPU voltage settings in the bios.

QVL = Qualified Vendor List. Please go to your website for your motherboard and look for Memory support.

No clue. Please post a screenshot showing what you are seeing. Again, you would want to change SYSTEM AGENT voltage, not the memory voltage.

Here motherboard system memory support guide
42840378-79AF-46B0-9FFB-3FA1373C0FFF.jpeg

Here the CPU System Agent Voltage. How many number I should change into?
9AD9F371-6230-4A88-ABDC-472C35EDE76A.jpeg

Clear CMOS you can read in the manual of the motherboard, load optimized defaults is from bios. And system agent and VCCIO are from the CPU voltage settings in the bios.

Yes already clear cmos And no luck.
Yes already found the CPU System Agent Voltage and CPU VCCIO. What number I should setup?

Back