• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE Z590 UD AC default speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

man00

Registered
I just got this board and i5-16000kf up and running
Though I had it running 4100mhz ..Then today I notice it was running 800mhz all the way to 4800Mhz
Anyone know off hand how to make this thing run and remain at 4100Mhz

What you are seeing is normal behavior. It boosts, by default/out of the box to 4.8 GHz. During power saving modes, it drops down to 800 MHz. Is there a reason you want to tie it down to its base frequency of 4.1 GHz?? If anything, lock it at 4.8 GHz.... ;)

What you are seeing is normal behavior. It boosts, by default/out of the box to 4.8 GHz. During power saving modes, it drops down to 800 MHz. Is there a reason you want to tie it down to its base frequency of 4.1 GHz?? If anything, lock it at 4.8 GHz.... ;)
I want to run it at 4100Mhz until I get some bugs worked out...then maybe OC a little

You'd want to set the multiplier to 41x to all cores. In Windows, set power plan to high performance... that should do it.

What 'bugs' are you having? I'm struggling to figure out what lowering to base clocks fixes...what's up?! :)

You'd want to set the multiplier to 41x to all cores. In Windows, set power plan to high performance... that should do it.

What 'bugs' are you having? I'm struggling to figure out what lowering to base clocks fixes...what's up?! :)
Thanks, few times while idling it would reboot on its own...There are no record of it in dump file
Thought running 4100mhz would eliminate one possible cause

..what possible cause?

Have you gone through the basics. Bios updated? Reseat hardware and power (bkth ends)?

Consider using adaptive/offset voltage and add a small amount?

Yes, I tried those...do I need to change the ring setting too?
Better pic...I hope

Attachments

• 220818112910.BMP(1).jpg
    220818112910.BMP(1).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Nope, the AC has nothing to do with the brakes. :p

Also, you can take pictures of your BIOS by pressing F12 (saves to USB stick). I can't read anything under the yellow highlighting... but assume you have 41 there. You are hitting F10 to save, right? Disable C-states and Turbo if what I suggested doesn't work.

Will you create a signature and/or list your detailed hardware so we know what you're working with? THat could help us help you troubleshoot.

So, to be clear, you tried adding voltage (offset or adaptive?) and that didn't work to resolve your problem? What do you THINK is going on that setting the clocks to 4.1 GHz is going to show you? I'm struggling on that...

Last edited:
I tried out default speed, reinstalled Windows

After trying to figure out what was going with my drives
Drive 0 Samsung 870 (Windows 11)
Drive 1 Samsung 850 (windows 10 64)
Drive seagate 2TB for storage only
I randomly get check disk /fix error on all these drives and had many failures on USB flash drives writing ISO
I may go one day without any issues and next day three of four times
Gonna RMA the motherboard and go from there

Could be all these issues were self inflected ...I never update any motherboard drivers in Windows 11 or 10 after doing so I haven't one issue.
Been long time since I messed around with computers and things have changed ....That and add watching too much national news
Thanks for the help...

Sent MB and ram back, got the replacements installed....Check disk at boot came back each time it would be a different drive...
Noticed there was a 16MB partition on each drive. Guys over Windows 11 forum said partition not needed. I removed the partition on each drive
reclaim the space and so far all has been fine. Not one check disk at boot yet....odd I wouldn't think that partition would have anything to do with but maybe it did?

Sooooooooooooooooo, it was't the motherboard/RAM but the 16MB partition that caused your issues?

Sooooooooooooooooo, it was't the motherboard/RAM but the 16MB partition that caused your issues?
Looks that way...I dunno my D: which is used for backups/storage did not have the 16mb file but sometimes it would get checked by Win 10 or 11.
I did some tweaking in the bios but wouldn't think anything I done there would have anything to do with it...I did notice the ram was running at 1.191v, changed that to the 1.2V (default)
SO far I'm happy with it..now
Thanks for the help

Back