• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigaram TCCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmmmmm..... never even heard of it.... good price for any ram that will do 2-2-2-5 with only 2.5v. Can't imagine it's TCCD at that price...... I'm interested in this stuff now.;)

comeon houserat. take on for the team and pick this up. worse comes to worse, you have another set of ram hanging around. it might be crucial chips, those are known to do 2-2-2-5 timings at ddr400 with lower volts

Hope someone will chime in, that would be a deal if it was TCCD. I know i'm not gonna pull the trigger :)

For those timings it's a deal no matter what chip it is. I don't think the rumors about ChiefValue and Newegg are true but anything is possible.

I also posted this at PC Perspectives and the editor from InsaneTek posted he'd be getting samples soon and would find out what the chips were.

Man......I think I need some. I am starting to miss DDR1 again guys! I may build an NF3-250GB system just to get back into DDR!!!!!

I seriously might pick this stuff up!

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Man......I think I need some. I am starting to miss DDR1 again guys! I may build an NF3-250GB system just to get back into DDR!!!!!

I seriously might pick this stuff up!

-Collin-

If the DDR1 urge continues, hold on and wait for this...DFI NF3 (AGP) board.

http://www.hardwareasylum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64

As for Newegg and Chiefvalue being related...over at XS one of the guys said that if you do a google search for "who is..." for each company they both come back with the same ownership...so I did and this is what I got back. From one of the monthly guides at Anandtech, the following:

"We originally ignored ChiefValue.com last year when they exploded onto the retail channel. Now that they have a little bit of experience under their belt, we are pretty impressed with their pricing and service. For those of you who don't know, ChiefValue is integrally affiliated with the omnipresent merchant-turned-distributor NewEgg (both merchants ship from the same California warehouse). ChiefValue tends to put free shipping on more items than the NewEgg channel, but who are we to complain?!"

Source:
http://anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=2408

Shades of PQI TCCD at 2-2-2-5 last summer, huh?

That turned out to be the buy of the summer, maybe this is this year's buy.

I wonder why those timings are for AMD systems only? After all, TCCD will run 2-2-2-5 on Intel at 200. Maybe they only test on AMD.

To me, the PC4000 with 2.5-3-3-6 timings that was linked above looks the most interesting...hummmmm.

Last edited:
Ninja id love to see a guy like you come to the 754 side. just pick yourself up a palermo 2800+ sempron, and some decent ddr1 stuff, maybe this gigaram, and oc the heck outta it. if you wanna go even cheap and save some cash on the mobo, check out the vnf3-250 from chaintech. it supports mobiles, and clocks those palermo semprons really well, like 315 x 8 with maybe 1.6vcore i think. real good results.

I don't know about surplus...the timings for the PC4000 of 2.5-3-3-6 are as good as any that I've seen for DDR500.

I can't imagine that they are getting these from the "bottom of the barrel" or the surplus bin. It may just be that the latter batches (I've seen 0507 dates on Centon pics) are just better and its easier to hit these speeds at relatively tight timings.

It is interesting. I keep telling myself that with 5 gigs of TCCD, I really don't care how cheap it is, I just don't need it.

Then again, I keep buying up bh (new and old) and you don't even want to know how much of that stuff I've got now...

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
how much ram in total do you hve reefa? im guessing in total, you have 13 gigs of ram, including tccd bh(new and old) and some crucial, cause face it, everyone has crucial ram sitting around.

Before I respond, let me make it perfectly clear that I know that I'm sick...I have a diagnosed/documented case of RAM Disease, for which I am told there is no cure. It is a burder that I will have to carry until the bitter end. :)

I do the best that I can to deal with this Madness...

It totals just over 33 gigs, of which 17 are Winbond (bh5/bh6/ch5/ch6/UTT) and another 5.5 gigs are TCCD based stuff. It does include the obligatory Crucial (Ballistix), and assorted Hynix and other Samsung.

Last edited:
CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
you need help!

I've already been to see many of the best doctors specializing in RAM Disease and the diagnosis is always the same...incurrable. They simply tell me that I have to suffer through this. At best it might be controlled, but never cured. :)

I'm a collector of sorts...although my family and friends prefer less endearing terms.

Back