• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigaram TCCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HousERaT said:
Well, I guess this means I'll be telling everyone I know to never buy Gigaram products..... that is the biggest crock of S#$& I ever saw...... no Mosel chips in the universe can run those timings..... I hope they go bankrupt. :mad:

Too good to be true....but GOD I hate it when companies lie about their products.

-Collin-

To good to be true is a saying that sometimes we try to ignore, but one that would save us alot of headaches if we just listened to it now and then. Why is it that we are all so hard headed!

Reefa_Madness said:
To good to be true is a saying that sometimes we try to ignore, but one that would save us alot of headaches if we just listened to it now and then. Why is it that we are all so hard headed!

Bottom line, everyone likes a good deal. ;)

Reefa_Madness said:

Frankly I bought their POS PC3700 because I trusted Newegg to not sell a product that is junk. I still have not got a firm answer that they are not going to charge me a re-stock fee. I think the re-seller should have at least some culpability in this fiasco.

I hope that no one took my comment as being critical. I was including myself in the group and I point to the Buffalo Tech fiasco discussed earlier as proof.

Its just that we hear those dadgum warning bells going off and we just choose to ignore them...why do we do that?

I hope you get your restock fee waived.

I emailed the egg about the restocking fee. I'll let you guys know how that works out. I am also goin' to email gigaram about their super product, or lack thereof.
-kkat

Reefa_Madness said:
I hope that no one took my comment as being critical. I was including myself in the group and I point to the Buffalo Tech fiasco discussed earlier as proof.

Its just that we hear those dadgum warning bells going off and we just choose to ignore them...why do we do that?

I hope you get your restock fee waived.

No offense taken here. We see the cliff in front of us but feel compelled to jump off. I agree with you 100%. I did not mean to appear as if I disagree. Sorry.

Well it's time to open a dead thread!!
Gigaram has finally contacted me and they are rma my ram:D
Anyone who got screwed with the pc3700 stuff please read!
check this pic out:
RMA
I'll let everyone know how my second run with the gigaram goes. This time it is suppose TCCD:D
So excited again!!! yeah!!
-kkat

Newegg has the change the timings its now 2.5-3-3-6 on the 3700 .

Edit the have 2 sets of PC3700 2x512
2-2-2-6
2.5-3-3-6
and 1 set 2x1024
2.5-4-4-7

Last edited:
I'll be interested again to see if Gigaram can cut it also. My Gigaram PC3700 did not work even close to good so I bit the bullet and ordered a gig of G. Skill LE 'cause I was tired of fooling around and thought I would go with a known good product.

Well guess what. The G. Skill ran Memtest just fine but would not load Windows XP at anything over HTT200 even if I set the CPU multiplier back to 6x. $300.00 worth of total disappointment. That is two sets of ram in a row that have been junk.

No, it's not my board. The board has ran Corsair PC4000c25 and G. Skill 1gblc just fine but I have continued to search for ram that will give that last 5% of speed.

The bill for the Gigaram and the G. Skill was almost $500.00 but you don't always get what you pay for. I have some $87.00 per gig Twinmos TII that is just average but is still running much better than the Gigaram or Skiill LE.

I sent the Gigaram and LE back to the Egg in the same box. Hopefully they won't think I'm a total Noob who does'nt know which end of the stick to put in the slot.

I'm praying the next set of LEs do what I need.

Last edited:
gigabit said:
Newegg has the change the timings its now 2.5-3-3-6 on the 3700 .

Edit the have 2 sets of PC3700 2x512
2-2-2-6
2.5-3-3-6
and 1 set 2x1024
2.5-4-4-7

They have more variety but we have yet to see anyone who has been pleased with the product.

The 2/2/2/6 stuff is now cheaper at $165 and would be interesting IF IT WORKED.

I find the last entry to be the most intriguing. $255 for PC3700 @ 2.5/4/4/7. What's with that? That is an outrageously high price for PC3700 at those latencies. It has got to be doing something that is not shown in the specs but who would lay out that kind of dough with Gigarams track record of junk products? :shrug:

i guessing it will have to been hand picked, b/c
pc3700 at 2-2-2-6, with 2.8 is a pretty hard find
my old tccd needed 3.1 volts to run 240 at 2-2-2-10
crossin' my fingers
-kkat

KKAT said:
i guessing it will have to been hand picked, b/c
pc3700 at 2-2-2-6, with 2.8 is a pretty hard find
my old tccd needed 3.1 volts to run 240 at 2-2-2-10
crossin' my fingers
-kkat
so you rma'ed to gigaram instead of newegg? well at least they seem to have decent enough service.i never did hear back from any of the phone calls or email i sent to them.

if they have tccd why the heck aint they useing it in thier high end sticks they sell which would need tccd in them just to run those specs?

i hope you get lucky but i dont think id recomend this to anyone.

i bought 2x512 ocz pc3200 rev2 v1.1 tcc5 instead.
its new and untested from a member here and still cheaper than this.
but i guess once your in you need to stay with it and at least try and get something working good from them.if i was in your shoes id do the same as you and let them try and win me over.

when i contacted the egg about rma'n these there would have been a 15% restocking fee. In order to avoid this, the egg said that I had to contact the manufacture to make sure my ram really was defective :confused:
anyways, gigaram is supposely sending me pc3700 that can do 2-2-2-6 at 2.8v
i'll keep ya updated
-kkat

So newegg won't waive the restocking fee?
Should I just e-mail gigaram about my pc3200 and see what they say?

btw, I wasn't sure if anyone read my post, but this isn't even stable at 200mhz 2-2-2. I tried it on a AMD 64 and Intel P4 system with the same results in both.

Back