• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigaram TCCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can anyone say "scam". It is one thing for them to be charging a re-stocking fee for returned products that perform as they should but it is a totally different kettle of fish to chage a fee on defective merchandise. I, for one, am not going to write off this $26.00 fee as a lesson. The lesson can be the postage I am also out but there is no reason why the Egg should profit when selling shoddy ram. Shame!

KKAT said:
when i contacted the egg about rma'n these there would have been a 15% restocking fee. In order to avoid this, the egg said that I had to contact the manufacture to make sure my ram really was defective :confused:
anyways, gigaram is supposely sending me pc3700 that can do 2-2-2-6 at 2.8v
i'll keep ya updated
-kkat
ASAP, please. This whole Gigaram 2-2-2 so far has seemed RIDICULOUS. I wonder what they were thinking...

godman said:
ASAP, please. This whole Gigaram 2-2-2 so far has seemed RIDICULOUS. I wonder what they were thinking...
Me too man!
Totally insane. I hope that I get some handpicked cream of the crop tccd chips. that will o/c like mad. I would still not recommend this ram to anyone, if i do get awesome tccd. the hassle that I have had to go through... not worth it.
-kkat

I had ordered gigaram Mach 1000 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered DUAL CHANNEL System Memory Model GR1DD8T-K1GB/400/2.0 - Retail before finding this thread...

So far I have tested the memory on:

DFI nF4-Ultra
Msi Neo2 Platinum
Msi Neo4 Platinum
Epox 9NDA3+

All 4 test systems, that can run 200 1T 2.5-3-3-7 9X300 with "LE" & FX-55, exhibited the exact same behavior:

At 200 1T 2-2-2-5, 10X200, many Memtest errors in test #5. I was able to minimize them by tweaking settings, but 144 errors was the lowest I could get on any board.

At 200 1T 2.5-3-3-7, only 9X240HTT passed many memtest passes. But in Windows, there was instability that was very noticable....

All systems were run from 2.5Vdimm to 3.0Vdimm(all but DFI are modded) and 2T was also tried, but the poor overclocking performance remained the same on all boards....

Well, this stuff is CLEARLY garbage. Who knows what they were thinking when they tried to lie about its timings... maybe it can do those timings on a future memory controller in 2008.

I don't know how Newegg can sell this stuff. Oh, wait, yes I do. They collect a 15% profit on every returned sale. Sell a clearly defective product and charge for its return.
Has ANYONE got this ram to work as specified. We are not a huge sample here but I know we are at least zero for four. Not impressive.

When I parts supplier is out of line I want to hear about and when they do something good, or in this case correct an error, that also should be broadcast. Till this thing with Gigaram, I had almost all positive experiences with the Egg. I am here to now let everyone know that my faith in Newegg has been restored. They will be returning my restocking fee.

E-mail correspondence went as follows:

Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 1:31 PM
To: John
Subject: RE: Gigaram PC3700

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

Since your RMA has already closed and you were previously refunded, it will be necessary to issue you a separate transaction to reimburse you for the restocking fee. Therefore we have issued a credit to your charge card for $26.90, the total amount of the restocking fee. Please allow your credit/debit card issuer approximately 2-5 business days to finalize the transaction and make the funds available.

For more answers or information please visit our FAQ's page <http:www.newegg.com/app/faq.asp>

Best regards,
Delia Ortega [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

Newegg Customer Support
Tel: 800-390-1119
Fax: 909-395-8907

Please include all prior email correspondence in your reply so that we may better serve you and provide you with a more timely response.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 8:49 AM
To: cs.service.wh1(ne).us

Your attached invoice shows you are still charging me a $26.00 return fee for this Gigaram product. Please credit my account this fee.

I had high hopes that this would be a good high quality product. As the below referenced forum page shows, no one from this site of computer hobbyists who purchased Gigaram from you was happy with the product. None of it performed to the advertised specification. You are selling defective merchandise

As a long time satisfied customer ([email protected] and [email protected]) I would like to think that you would not treat me this way. Frankly you should be refunding me all my shipping costs also but I am only asking for the return of the re-stocking fee at this time.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=387919

Thank You,

John Walsh

Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 1:36 PM
To: John

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

Our system shows that this item has been issued an rma number for return. The rma number you may use to return this item is 10740698. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

For more answers or information please visit our FAQ's page <http:www.newegg.com/app/faq.asp>

Best regards,
Delia Ortega [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

Newegg Customer Support
Tel: 800-390-1119
Fax: 909-395-8907

Please include all prior email correspondence in your reply so that we may better serve you and provide you with a more timely response.

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:47 PM
To: cs.complaints.wh1(ne).us
Subject: Gigaram PC3700

Newegg SO# 12442564 Invoice #11129880

I got the PC3700 2226 Gigaram. The label clearly states those specs.

This ram needs 2/3/2/6 timings to pass memtest at HTT200

It needs 2.5/3/3/7 timings to pass memtest at HTT233

All my other ram settings are set totally loose to give this stuff the best chance possible. 2t command rate, disable enleave etc.......

Each stick behaves the same way individually. It is not the motherboard or my chip. G.Skill, Corsair, and Twinmos have all performed well on this board . After through testing, I cannot get this ram to run at it’s specified timings.

I would like to return this ram for a full credit. I am a long time Newegg customer and this is the first product I have ever asked to return. I have already placed an order for some higher quality ram from your company.

I would very much appreciate the re-stock fee being waved.

Thank you,

John Walsh

i would never attempt buying untested ram anywhere but the egg.
they are always more than fair but people do make mistakes and as long as "you pointed this out also" they fix the situation its all good.

im a die hard egg head.
but they need to pull this crap off the shelves!

I agree totally. While they did the right thing refunding the restocking fee it makes little sense to sell a defective product once you have been made aware of it by customers. It will be interesting to see what they do.
Good work, Reddywing, you Held you're ground and won the day! :thup: :beer:

Rseven, what's up? :) How's your neo2 treatin ya? I sold my TCCD and only doing UTT now (for right now, that is). I got 2x512 TwinMOS SP, and ordered 4 more today. :)

Gigaram owners... get the TwinMOS SP when they come back in stock.

I love newegg because they have always done right by me.On the few item's i have rma'ed to Egg they never charged me a restock fee.Once when i bought my 6800 i saw that they were giving away newegg watches with the order of a Nvidia video card so i contacted them and told them i wanted one since i just missed this promtion and 3 day's later i had the watch.

gOdM@n
Did you ever get your SLI bridge working?

For anyone that hasn't bothered to read this thread, let me make it perfectly clear:

UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...DO NOT BUY THIS RAM!!!

I realize that we are not supposed to "scream" here at OCF...but in this case, someone has to.

Reefa_Madness said:
For anyone that hasn't bothered to read this thread, let me make it perfectly clear:

UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...DO NOT BUY THIS RAM!!!

I realize that we are not supposed to "scream" here at OCF...but in this case, someone has to.

You are forgiven...lol

gigabit said:
gOdM@n
Did you ever get your SLI bridge working?

My bridge ends up being fine. I believe that the reason it doesn't work is b/c I have two different 6600GTs (even though I force-flashed them both to the same bios).

I guess I need identical cards. :(

I brought my cards to PMS Fishy's lan, and we checked out the PCBs, and they don't have enough similarities. That is probably why I can't get it to work.

Thanks for asking, though.

And Reefa... GOOD CALL! I didn't even think about that, lol.

THIS RAM IS GARBAGE (FOR THE PRICE). IF YOU WANT THIS RAM DON'T EXPECT MORE THAN VALUE RAM!

i just wanna clear up the whole bashing of gigaram tccd chips. I bought some gigaram pc3700 mach1000 chips off of hardforum b4 and one of the chips were defective so it wouldn't even hit 233mhz stable, so i rma'd it and guess what i got?! This....

300mhzsp2004stable6bb.jpg

I mean it may have been very possible that i was incredibly lucky. but still, i think we shouldn't just bash on it, thinking its just some crappy value ram. :shrug:

i'm not sure, but i don't think they even sell the mach 1000 pc3700 anymore. But if u can some how get ur hands on some, u got urself some GOLD.

Back