• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigaram TCCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CCUABIDExORxDIE

im sure you can be cured! sorry to thread jack, but what has been your favorite memory outta all those sets, doesnt hafta be best performing, just your favorite. im calculating easily over 4 grand on ram alone. you need to become a ram rep.

SewerBeing

Grasshoppa Senior
Reefa_Madness said:
I've already been to see many of the best doctors specializing in RAM Disease and the diagnosis is always the same...incurrable. They simply tell me that I have to suffer through this. At best it might be controlled, but never cured. :)

I'm a collector of sorts...although my family and friends prefer less endearing terms.

please get some of that gigaram and tell us how it is cause its tempting me.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
Guys, my budget's busted for the near future so you guys are going to have to do push someone else to be the tester.

I've also thought about it and its not really on topic so I'm going back and editing my post. I don't really need to advertise just how sick I am.

rseven

Shame on you guys! You should not be encouraging RAM addicted personalities to run out and buy a fix! I advise they take up drinking, It's cheaper! :)

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
im sure you can be cured! sorry to thread jack, but what has been your favorite memory outta all those sets, doesnt hafta be best performing, just your favorite. im calculating easily over 4 grand on ram alone. you need to become a ram rep.

Well, no one has offered me a job. I think that Mushkin is considering recruiting me...(for those that don't know my recent history...its a joke of sorts).

As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of the Winbond stuff. Either straight up at 1:1 or with dividers, you can cover just about all your needs on a P4 or an A64 rig.

One of my latest purchases was a set of 2x256 Corsair PC3200 with BH6 that I got from a Forum member. They will hit 265 on my Neo2. Those are some nice little sticks for being such "old" technology.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
rseven said:
Shame on you guys! You should not be encouraging RAM addicted personalities to run out and buy a fix! I advise they take up drinking, It's cheaper! :)

Did you see my "confession" in all of its gory detail or did I remove it before the "shrink" got to see it? :)

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
well i for one am almost convinced its tccd as seeing pc3700 2.0-2-2-5 @2.5v
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221129

i know of nothing else but tccd that could do that. hell id even doubt most tccd could run that at 2.5v unless its heavily tested wich would account for the much higher price.

will i get some you ask? not at the moment i wont.im working on a new cpu/mobo combo first.

CCUABIDExORxDIE

maybe some people should go halfsees on this stuff. if i hadnt just gone water, id pick this up for sure. and pc3700 at 2-2-2-5 with 2.5v seems, well insane. thats exactly what ive been looking for. damn, why doesnt money grow on trees!

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
Betty Ford Center...very funny...I liked that.

I really think I'm getting a handle on it (the sickness) because I only bought one gig of ram this week.

It was a "much needed" representative sample of new bh5 in order to round out my collection. I now have at least one stick of bh5/bh6/ch5/ch6/UTT-BH/UTT-CH. I don't care about anything before BH so I'm done with Winbond...unless they surprise us with something new.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
maybe some people should go halfsees on this stuff. if i hadnt just gone water, id pick this up for sure. and pc3700 at 2-2-2-5 with 2.5v seems, well insane. thats exactly what ive been looking for. damn, why doesnt money grow on trees!
it does its just illeagle to grow and sell.

i may buy a gig of the 3200 in a week and a half as thats when i get paid.but i pay by money order to newegg in cali and im in ohio and by the time i ever get it they may be outa business!
seems only way i can buy fast is local.

i have 2x12 of the ocz value vx and 1x512 of tccd i wanna mix in a dfi nf3 as it will run all 3 sticks but i may need to keep it all UTT or al TCCD to get it to run correctly.ill just sell what i dont use.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
deathstar13 said:
well i for one am almost convinced its tccd as seeing pc3700 2.0-2-2-5 @2.5v
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221129

i know of nothing else but tccd that could do that. hell id even doubt most tccd could run that at 2.5v unless its heavily tested wich would account for the much higher price.

I agree with your assessment. I scanned the entire product line earlier and there is not much else that would fit into that line up with that combination of speeds and timing. And it would have to be good TCCD, too.

Someone trying to break into the market could easily price their ram in this range. After all, even TCCD from OCZ, Mushkin, Corsair, Kingston is now selling for $180-$200 range and sometimes even cheaper.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
1 gig of ram a week. that is a sickness. i havent ever had a gig of ram in any otehr rig then my parents p4 3.0e from hp.

I am a parent.

With that title come responsibilities and priviledges. I'm still trying to figure out that "responsibilites" part, but dang sure enjoying the "priviledges"! :)

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
reefa it always amazes me when i hear the gig count you have :)
i couldnt horde all that myself as soon as amd goes to ddr2 or even ddr3 it will become almost worthless real fast.
plus i never can stand seeing parts laying unused and would trade them or sell and buy parts i need.
but as i know any sickness has no real rhyme or reason to it so i dont mean anything in a bad way.
but even if you got $100 for each gig you could build the ultimate rig!

anyhow i called gigaram HQ and left 2 messages leaving my email and phone # asking about this and what chips they use.most dont have an issue stating this especially if they are making a big move like this.

ill post any and all info i can obtain.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
Oooppss...triple post, actually make that a quadruple. Sorry...but then, its not like I'm trying to add to my post count or anything.

Later guys, I'm off to enjoy the outdoors.