• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Giving up some cycles to OCF.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Well as the title states I am giving OCF some spare cycles:) I run WCG at another forum and decided that if I gave up the cherry pie and laid low (shot for pink) it may attract more members. ATM I am just running SETI on a limited basis but if I cant get out of the red I will be moving entire rigs over here for a while. Hope I can hang with you guys for a while:) and help your and my cause at the same time.

Kevin

nzaneb

Welcome! If you need help optimizing or anything QuietIce and Careface put together a nice Sticky.

OP
Archer0915

Archer0915

"The Expert"
It is pretty much like WCG as I use BONIC. I am thinking of putting an 8400 in one of my rigs to do some testing (one without an nvidia card) and it seems the seti can take more advantage of the Cuda than WCG does.

QuietIce

Disabled
Great to see you up and running!

Seems like my 8400 added 3-400 RAC to my machine. I'll be doing a little experiment with it soon to see if running a core just to feed the GPU will help. I'll let you know in a few weeks. :)

If you haven't added the SETI optimizers yet you really should do that. It's the main reason our rigs turn in so much more credit running SETI over Einstein or Rosetta. We get anywhere from 10-40% more RAC. It's also very easy to do at this point. Someone over at Lunatics wrote an installer, which I understand works very well ... ;)

OP
Archer0915

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Cool I just bought another 9800 GT EE and it dont like to fold on this rig so I will let it run SETI as well.

OP
Archer0915

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Still getting cherry pie:( I will be moving an entire quad over here for a while:)

OP
Archer0915

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Thanks for letting me hang out here for a couple of days. If you ever need a hand LMK. By comming over for a couple of days I did some of what I wanted.