• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GK104 May not need legacy drivers anymore.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ottoaxel

Sorry if this is old news and I missed the boat, but my GTX 770 looks to be folding well on 367.

I've been running the 304 forever now, but had noticed few core 17's these days and wondered if the 21's I mostly see needed the old drivers, but hey things were working so I never felt like futzing with things to find out.

Well 304 updated tonight... or better failed to update tonight. Cinnamon crashed and well, I suck at troubleshooting linux.

So I managed to uninstall 304, and let the mint driver manager install 367. It picked up where 304 left off without a hitch, and actually seems to be faster. It looks to have shaved a minute off of time per frame on the current core 21 project. Sure be nice if this holds out. Now lets hope Murphy stays out of it and I don't get hit with a slew of core 17 projects.