• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GlobalWin CAK38

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElGriton

GlobalWin CAK38 Any thoughts on this?? I have a buddy who against my urging bought an Orb for his Thunderbird. Now he complains "It's running awfully HOT". What is a good AMD H/F ?

(edit) He's overclocking at all he just wants it to run cooler

fuzzba11

Just got one with my new 1.33 Tbird, and although my temp is around 38 C idle and 43 C after gaming, I have to say it's pretty damn loud. I had to change the position of the fan so it blows "up" my heatsink to the top of my case (cause I have a minitower) which helped noise level since it was about 5 mm from my power supply, but ripping it out and replacing it with a fan of about 4500 rpm (instead of ~7000) the noise levels went down drastically, although temp went up around 10 degrees all around. It's also pretty damn heavy, if that's an issue. I would look around for something else, if noise is an issue, although i don't really know any other combos.