• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going crazy trying to connect iPhone to computer/iTunes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

I had iTunes installed on my computer, and everything was fine. Didn't have a single problem with it. Then, when I got my new motherboard and processor yesterday, I reinstalled Windows 7, something I do any time I get a new motherboard. So I install iTunes, that goes perfectly fine. Load that up, and plug in my iPhone. First, it pops up with the driver installed fine for "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver", and uses the usbaapl64.sys driver that the Apple site says it should. Then it tries installing the driver for "MTP USB Device", which fails. And iTunes gives me the error "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000065)."

I run the iTunes diagnostic for iPhone/iPod Connectivity, and it passes everything except the last one "No iPhone or iPod found." It directs me to this article for help, which none of the steps help. I've also done everything on this article, and no luck. Tried redownloading iTunes and installing about 20 times. Even downloaded older versions of iTunes. Nothing. Uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers. Nope. Hell, I even reinstalled Windows 7 again to make sure nothing was messed up in the installation. No luck.

I've tried Googling the error, and just about anythign I can think of, and nothing is helping. If anybody had any ideas, it'd be great.

OP
JonSimonzi

JonSimonzi

Thanks for the link.

Apparently, it's an issue with iTunes, USB ports, and the P55 chipset. A very long thread here on the official Apple boards about it. Apparently, there's no concrete fix for it.