• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going for 6700k @ 5GHZ 24/7 bad idea?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, you have been saying through this hole thing that with less Y= voltage there is more Z = current and that is incorrect unless you decrease X resistance and that you did not change. So you can't break Ohm's Law and the processor will not have enough Current or voltage to run at the necessary X resistance of the CPU.

Automotive starter draws more amps when the battery is low because of the slow rotation speed of the starter. So a decrease in starter Resistance (R) do to slow rotation speed or a bad starter.
Make some calculations 12v 100amp LINK: http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/ohms-law-calculator.htm
He was referencing Watt's law, and holding power constant from what I read. Holding power constant is not really something that is easy, as it requires manipulating the resistance as well. Even though the power equation doesn't have resistance directly in it, it is in there due to ohm's law.

Ahahaha your posts pretty much did it to me mr Frank Einstein :D
LOL. I am far from that smart... Barely passing my courses is actually not far from the truth! There are people in my classes who truly get it, and alot of the time, I don't.

After all, I'm just some 32 year old guy who was once 'just an Army guy', and is now trying to find his place [emoji14]

He was referencing Watt's law, and holding power constant from what I read. Holding power constant is not really something that is easy, as it requires manipulating the resistance as well. Even though the power equation doesn't have resistance directly in it, it is in there due to ohm's law.
Folks can't get around ohm's law that is fore sure, if it gets confusing to me I just go back to the law.

Did you have a chance to look at the Video why do processors get so hot? I was wondering when he said that partial resistance in transistor switching is what causes the increased heat? that did not make sense to me.
If you watched the video could you tell me if what he says about the heat generation makes sense?

Folks can't get around ohm's law that is fore sure, if it gets confusing to me I just go back to the law.

Did you have a chance to look at the Video why do processors get so hot? I was wondering when he said that partial resistance in transistor switching is what causes the increased heat? that did not make sense to me.
If you watched the video could you tell me if what he says about the heat generation makes sense?
It's a very simple explanation of transistors as he said in the video. Thing don't just turn on or off... It has to get there which takes time. In the case of a transistor.... It's a very small time, but if that transistor is doing that 4 billion times a second, that small time has now become a much larger time. It makes sense with my knowledge level of transistors... And mind you I have spent two different classes over the same semester looking at the physics of a transistor at a minimal level, and the actual use of transistors on an electrical level. This semester we are looking at transistors on a basic rudimentary IC style, focusing on amplifiers and their frequency response. It's complicated but it is a good basic understanding of the basics of a transistor in a processor.

Audio amplifiers are a bit different, but that is its own can of worms we shall not go into [emoji14]

If the demand is X, and the voltage is Y, then current is Z. Change Y and one of the other two will change, change Z or X and one of the other two will change.

What part of my statement above is not true?

Nothing. Mathematically that is true. If you keep power constant, then you are correct.

My only point has been if you change load, voltage, or amperage in a circuit then the other two will change. If you increase the load with insufficient voltage, the load will try to draw more amps.

My only point has been if you change load, voltage, or amperage in a circuit then the other two will change. If you increase the load with insufficient voltage, the load will try to draw more amps.

You can change just one and have only one other change, So you can change one variable and not have all three change. look at the Ohm's law video I posted, also use the Ohm's law calculator. http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/ohms-law-calculator.htm

Back