• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going shopping, does this look ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Mr_B=-

OK, as it looks now, im getting the Gigabyte motherboard GA-8KNXP,
Pairing it with a 2.4Ghz 800FSB CPU, and 2x512 434DDR Corsair XMS
Ending it off with a Sapphire Radeon Atlantis 9500 Pro and a
IBM 180 Gb hard drive with 8Mb cache... with case and all, it turns out to just about 12000 Sek, meaning about 1200-1300$

Anything anyone want to sugest right now, b4 i go shopping? :- )
After that its to late to give me any hints you know :- )

Take care all, and B good!
B!

NiTrO bOiE

Looks good to me! Very good deal. I have one suggestion. Instead of buying one 180GB hard drive, get 2 smaller harddrives (80) and use the onboard RAID. You will have less space, but more performance.

OP
M

-=Mr_B=-

i have been thinking of the somewhat smaller 120Gb Seagate, but i will probobly not run them raid anyway...

BaldHeadedDork

Too bad you're in Sweden. WD and Maxtor are running some nice rebates on the SE and DM9 drives in the US right now.

But that's the closest I can come to a critique. This is going to be a solid and fast rig. Congrats and enjoy.

BHD

OP
M

-=Mr_B=-

well, its gona be fairly expensive... so if it aint no good, i'll have to trick someone to pay even more for it.. and get a new rig put together...
Thats one of the main reasons for picking the IBM drive btw, its the cheapest drive around that size, i was thinking about Seagate, but it seams they only give one year warranty on ide drives nowdays..

i would love to be able to shop somewhere else then in sweden tho :- ) Had probobly been cheaper, if you dont include freight that is...

Thanks for the thoughts.
B!