• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going to buy an ST-6. Any tips or things that I should know about it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

Just like the title says, how good of a board is it, and what tips and tricks are there to getting the best setup with it. I am buying it so that I can upgrade to a Tualatin processor soon, and will be running an 800 Celeron on it till then. I am kinda excited to see how high that I can OC this 800 on that board. I have it running at 1066 right now on a Soyo SY-7VCA.

The ST6 is a very good stable MB. You might have to do the wire trick to get more voltage for your 800Cel if you want to really push it. You most likely will have to do it when you put a Tually in though.

I had a PIII600e@840Mhz in mine for a while but didn't really need the extra voltage. I found I got a few more fsb Mhz out of my ST6 compared with my P3V4X. I wouldn't expect much more of an overclock compared with your Soyo, but hey, its begging for a Tually!

Everything else is just normal trial and error with bios settings, updating to latest Bios, applying latest drivers...etc.

Some negatives for this board is the 512Meg memory limit, (same with all i815ep) and the onboard sound tends to crap out at high PCI speeds. (but not many people will use it anyways)

But its a good cheap upgrade to almost double your performance with the Tually added.

The ST6 is a very good stable MB. You might have to do the wire trick to get more voltage for your 800Cel if you want to really push it. You most likely will have to do it when you put a Tually in though.

Do the volt mod, you won't regret it...and that is an excellent board from the results I've seen in this forum...you should be very happy w/ it :D

Back