• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going to sell alot of BH-5 ram! how much they worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

I have:

1 512MB OCZ BH-5

2 256MB Mushkin black PC3500 Lvl2 BH-5

Both me and my brother want more ram, and we want single 1Gig Sticks, so I'm going to be selling the rem listed above in exchange for 1gig sticks.....

My question is, how much are these sticks worth nowadays?

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
Usually Mushkin 3500 is the priciest, past that its often based on overclockability. I would say perhaps $80 or so for the 2x256 Mushkin, and anywhere between $70-$90ish for the OCZ depending on how far it goes.

OC/ingmaddog

Gautam said:
Usually Mushkin 3500 is the priciest, past that its often based on overclockability. I would say perhaps $80 or so for the 2x256 Mushkin, and anywhere between $70-$90ish for the OCZ depending on how far it goes.

Yeah sounds about right. You may want to try eBay. They go crazy for Bh-5, or at least they used to...

OP
blackjackel

blackjackel

I'm going to ebay the mushkins, crap, i'm not sure if they're 184pin or 168pin, how do I figure that out?

I wonder if I'm allowed to post a link to the ebay auction anywhere on these forums... hmm...

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Guys,
Please don't discuss trade outside the classifides. Please keep it to pms :)
Having said that, BH-5 is still king of HV RAM. BH-5 is hard to find and yep, they are getting a bit expensive again (post BH-UTT).

weetoots

I have some Mushkin PC3500 to sell also, but can't find your classifieds section. Don't really want to go to EBay. So I guess you can PM me.
Al

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
weetoots said:
I have some Mushkin PC3500 to sell also, but can't find your classifieds section. Don't really want to go to EBay. So I guess you can PM me.
Al

Your post count is currently at 80 and you need 100 to be able to access the Classifieds. You're almost there.

The min post count is there to protect the members from people just coming in, selling junk and leaving. It helps both sellers and buyers.

Quailane

Super Nade said:
Having said that, BH-5 is still king of HV RAM. BH-5 is hard to find and yep, they are getting a bit expensive again (post BH-UTT).

But remember, it is most definately not the king of ram any more.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
Original Winbond BH-5 is still the king as far as many are concerned.

There are many that prefer Samsung TCCD and a group that prefers the Ballistix with Micron chips. All are fine performers, each with their particular traits that make them more suitable in certain circumstance over one of the others, but none are the answer to all situations.

Take for example a P4 at 3.4GHz capable of hitting 230 or so. Does anyone really believe that the TCCD is capable of competing with the Winbond in this range? The Ballistix, on the other hand, would compete very well.

If you have a 3000 capable of hitting 2.8, then clearly you need TCCD in order to run high HTT at 1:1, so neither Winbond nor the Ballistix would be as good in this case (unless you used the memory ratios).

These scenarios of one being better suited than the other go on and on...it all depends on the rest of your system and how you intend to use it.

I am a BIG fan of all three...as part of my collection, I have over 25 gigs of bh-5, over 10 of TCCD and close to 5 gigs of Ballistix.

I guess you could say that I have a relative favorite...long live the King!

Quailane

Reefa_Madness said:
I am a BIG fan of all three...as part of my collection, I have over 25 gigs of bh-5, over 10 of TCCD and close to 5 gigs of Ballistix.
Ok, that is just wierd. I am a fan of athlon 64, but I don't go out and buy 20 of em. :D Why do you have so much?

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
"as part of my collection"

I know people that collect bottles, some collect stamps, others collect baseball cards. The list goes on and on. Its not weird to collect things...everyone has their own particular hobby or favorite pastime and it would be boring (and weird) if we all had the same one.

I also have about 50 to 60 cpus and over 30 different motherboards to run them in...and I need ram for those motherboards. :)

As I said...I collect them and I have a representative sample from just about every major vendor in an assortment of rated speeds and ICs. The same holds true for the cpus...from K5 to K8s, from pre-pentium through Pentium 4s and even some Dothans.

Just my hobby...what's yours?

Back on topic...there still is an interest in Original BH-5 and many are finding that UTT is not the substitute for the original that some claimed it was...and by the way...I've got over 5 gigs of UTT in my collection, as well.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
Thank you.

I didn't make the post about the quantity in order to tout my collection, only to indicate that to many of us, BH-5 is still a prime IC worthy of being considered among the very best.

I disclosed the quantity only as a measure of putting my money where my mouth is.