• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gold leaf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ataxy

gold is a good conducter an my dad who is into taking care of ancient furniture has a little book with gold leaf in it one leaf is pretty expensive(4x4 inches) but the amount that you need to unlock is insignificant an other cool thing is that you do not need glue this stuff stick by itself

tbirdkiri

Gold is a great conductor of electricity, but not of heat. If you look into it, as far as natural metals go, Silver is the best "you" could use. Copper coming in a close second, and aluminum in third.

There are some radioactive elements that can transfer heat better but.. well they are radioactive, so that makes em useless anyway.

john240sx

he's not talking about plating a HS with gold leaf, he means to use it to unlock a processor.

that's a good idea but like you said, it's expensive. most unlocks need to be redone after some time (some never need to be redone). that could get expensive.

anyway, give it a try and let us know how it works :D

tbirdkiri

heh i accutualy tried this on an earlier attemp, it wasnt the same stuff, but it was gold, and it was secured but alas.. no worky... eventually i came up with the method that now its a sticky on the top of the forums, got check it out!

tbirdkiri

I could see trying if it was available. if you didnt have anything but that on hand, what could it hurt to try?