• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gone to s***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

well I installed an MCX4000 on my P4 2.53 @ 2.8 (now at 3.0) stable on my Abit IT7-MAX2 with PC3200 corsair XMS DDR cas 2. and my geforce3. well i HAD a 3Dmark score of 8100 and a temp of 42idle 48 load. now it's at 50 some load and 48 idle! and the 3Dmark score is so bad I won't dare mention it :cry: God I hope I can fixz this. but I am thinbking of waiting for my laptop to get here and i'll use that while The Spyder (who goes to school with me) fiuxed up my computer. i know i muset have buggered sometihng becasue during the instalation phase my rheo bus came undone and i had to re wire that and sevral other tihngs, and by some miracle everything works! but not like it should... software? hardware?

Maximouse

Well, When you tightened the HS did you compress the springs fully? Sounds like a contact problem between the CPU and HS as this happened after the new installation. Try backing off all the screws and tighten it evenly. Each screw gets 1 turn at a time until fully seated.

OP
Intrepid

Intrepid

I re applied and 1 screw is missing there is a bolti n its place, sucks badly i might jsut go water..tho thats high maintenance. i MIGHT mess with it this weekend. also, there is the loud nosie like a fan on high but even with al lfans off i stil hear it... its not electronic its a fan but where? somethings nto right here...

OP
Intrepid

Intrepid

i'm sure, and it's under warenty anyway. i think that when my baybus went crazy it is giving a fan full voltage by accisent somewhere that i cant see, maybe one of the psu fans.