• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gonna order soon...whatcha think of this H2O setup....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol, you stole my setup! :p I ordered the Dtek Cooler Core though; plus I was able to get my Spir@l for $47. :cool:

msmasitti,

I see you didn't notice that I am too going w/ the Spir@l block now. ;)

Where did ya happen to find it @ $47? :)

Yea, I read the whole thread; you are going with the Dtek Spir@l right? That is what you said when you were conversing with yourself. :p

I ordered it before it was officially available.

You are right! :D

You were talking about the difference in our radiator choice, not our waterblock choice ;)

I misread your post, my bad :)

msmasitti,

I forgot to ask. So, do you have it all installed? If so, what do you think of that Spir@l block? :D

And how does your H2O peform compared to your previous cooling?

SLO_N8 said:
You are right! :D

You were talking about the difference in our radiator choice, not our waterblock choice ;)

I misread your post, my bad :)

lol, no problem.

My stuff is on order; pump should be in today, and hopefully the block/rad. have shipped.

For my tubing, I am getting some clear vinyl from Home Depot. At like $.50/ft, I'll start with that. :p

ack.....i do have some experience w/ vinyl tubing....and i hated it. make sure u get elbows for your bends as that stuff kinks so easily. I think u will want some Silicone or Tygon soon :D

Yep, the Vinyl is just to get the measuring and lengths down. Also, the way the components will be placed in the system, there will be no sharp turns. ;)

stick a hose in your vinal thats just barely smaller than the ID and then boil some water dip it in there till it gets really soggy, bend it how you like and quench it in COLD water... works great

Lets talk pumps again. I still don't know if the 900 is physically smaller than the 1300 :) I'm thinking right now that I'm still gonna go w/ the 1300.....any good reason not to? ;)

no reasons why not to, but the pump body on the 900/1200 is 3x2.5inches, and the impeller is like 2inches high and like 1 long...

Then I think I'm all set :)

Unless there is a better pair of fans for reasonable price. I looked for under 35dBa's and ended up with the ones you see in the orginal post......nice and cheap too....64cfm.

Ummm, for your fans, you could probably go with like a 90 CFM fan... that'd help cool the rad down, giving you better temps. I am not sure about the dB's, it should only be a few more. :)

Hello to all that helped,

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I really appreciated your suggestions. I bought the above components shortly after this last reply, but then my life got pretty busy so they just sat in my PC room. Well, I hooked them up finally, and I must say, I'm most impressed! I'm currently running a temporary setup(resevoir, and components outside the case) but the temps rock! I am able to run 1950MHz stable now on my AROIA chip(I could only boot at this speed on my air setup, now I can pass prime at it, and 20c cooler @ 2.2v). I've also since purchased an AGOIA chip that I hit 2100MHz w/ on air(not stable) and am going to unlock it here soon and put it back in with the water to see if I can break 2GHz stable on 1 of these $50 CPU's :)

Everything went great with the install(other than cracking the pump housing, which was my own dam fault, and is why I have it submerged ATM) and I attribute that to the great reading I did in here :)

Just wanted to say thanks actually! Ya'll helped me end up w/ a great cooling setup :D

P.S. Perhaps a mod can move this to the water cooling forum as it was created before that forum existed. Thanks ;)

Back