• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goob motherboard on red PCB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blackjack_21

Registered
Good motherboard on red PCB

I'm thinking about building a system with as many red components as possible. Unless I can find a freak Abit NF7-S on a red PCB, what's another good option?

Last edited:
Okay, now for the stupid question that must be asked...

1. Do I have to run 2 CPU's;

2. Can I overclock 1 or both with this board?

Guess I should have mentioned that I have a T-bred A XP 1800+ that's dying to be monkeyed with...

For a dually board, you are going to need 2 CPU's for it to function. As for overclocking, the K7D will overclock, just not to the extent of an nForce2 board. One problem you may run into is that this board has been discontinued, so trying to find a new board will be a challenge.

For a single CPU system, you might want to check out the MSI K7N2 Delta-L @ Newegg for $73. This is the only Red nForce2 board that I could find. I'm not sure of its overclocking potential, but I do know that people have had problems with it.

If you can possibly go with an Orange board (it's almost Red :)), then the NF7 is the board for you.

Doesn't HAVE to be red, but I'm trying to get away from green/greenish boards. I'll look into an N7F-S and see what I can find.

I know you guys are going to laugh, but PC Chips M848LU is red. It's not an OC at all, but it's red :~

Here's one I found locally, cheap.
MSI K7N2-L, I believe. Is this a good board? As in, "worth $75 bucks and oc-worthy" good? PC Club has the board for $75; how does it compare to the NF7-S?

All of the NF7-S Rev2.0 boards should be red (well its more of a dark orange.) The MSI K7d - Master - L board will allow you to overclock but your limited by the FSB, you can only raise it up to 150FSB. After this you have to pin-mod the processors to raise multipliers to go further.

You might want to check htis thread as Majormav took the Duallie to new Xtremes
HERE

Majormavs guide to pin-modding HERE

Merry Christmas!

Craig

Okay, it looks like I'll be spending my money on the N7F-S board, then. It many not be exactly red, but I'm not gonna worry about asthetics when I'm looking for a quality board. Thanks, guys.

Back