• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good 3d game ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minoukat

I wanna buy a 3D game, that will work nicely on my rigs (either one of them, P3 900 or K6-2 450, both with 192MB of ram, p3 with TNT2 16MB AGP g-card, k6-2 with V3 2000 PCI. I'm just tired of those that I have here (played them too much already ! :D) I'm looking at some 3D Shooter, and I thought about Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, is that any good ? Reviews/opinions please ! :D Also, I remember there was a shooter game that used the Unreal II game engine, which looked really cool, but I can't remember the name, anyone ? :D

Last edited:
I don't know if any newer 3D game would run well on the K62.. even at minimum detail. The game that runs on the Unreal 2 engine your talking about is probably Unreal Tournament 2003, but it could be America's Army (which is free to download so trying it should be no big deal).

I would recommend...

Serious Sam - The Second Encounter It may be playable on the AMD rig.

Giants Citizen Kabuto Rather old but still fun an hell, should run okay on slower machine.

Deus Ex Again older, but critically acclaimed.. built on the original Unreal engine.

Rune Old... Unreal Tournament engine, but pretty as heck.

My recommendations are based on quality of the game and their ability to run on your older system. You should be able to find all of these for $20 or less.

Gnerma said:
I don't know if any newer 3D game would run well on the K62.. even at minimum detail. The game that runs on the Unreal 2 engine your talking about is probably Unreal Tournament 2003, but it could be America's Army (which is free to download so trying it should be no big deal).

I would recommend...

Serious Sam - The Second Encounter It may be playable on the AMD rig.

Giants Citizen Kabuto Rather old but still fun an hell, should run okay on slower machine.

Deus Ex Again older, but critically acclaimed.. built on the original Unreal engine.

Rune Old... Unreal Tournament engine, but pretty as heck.

My recommendations are based on quality of the game and their ability to run on your older system. You should be able to find all of these for $20 or less.

oops ! I meant that would run on any one of them (doesn't have to be on both, maybe if the P3 alone is able to play it good it's fine)

Yeah UT should be able to run with a few details lowered.

And then there's CS, which will run on anything.

But definitely check out Deus Ex, just for the experience of playing one of the most brilliant games ever made in the history of pc gaming (I mean that seriously).

I used to play the original UT on my AMD k6-2 350mhx stock with 128mb ram... Never had a problem.. And that was on a 1) voodoo blaster banshee, 2)ATI rage Pro, 3)GeForce 2GTS...

It ran great and never dumped me back to the desktop (except for the ATI.. it would crap out on occasion..but that was ATI at the time)

i am running unreal the first one on my amd 950 and a hercules 64 kyro II but it just locks up sometimes when I when a stage, running 640 meg of ram wonder if it is because it is oc'ed to about 1017 mhz??

Back