• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good AMD microATX board??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

I'm looking for microATX boards that can run my 2100+ Palomino and 2x256 266 DDR.

I can only find KT133 chipsets, and an oldie ASUS nforce one... are there no KT266a's or KT333 microATX ones out there?

Thanks in advance

lonewolf1983

havent seen a micro ATX ktxxx board actually...
I run 2 of the micro ATX asus Nforce boards, and they are very good. Performance is on par with the kt266a, but lacks overclocking features.

OP
flixotide

flixotide

Thanks.. I don't intend to to overclocking with it, so I might jump for the Nfoce.

If I attach a Ti4400, a 40 gig HD, floppy and a pioneer DVD, will the standard mATX PSU do?

The PSU that came with my last Chieftec mATX casing went *POP* third time I booted the *******. Only using a mATX all-in-one board and a 1 ghz Tully CPU. All standard, no OC.

I doubt it was overburdened... a test with a volt-meter before third boot showed 18 volts on the 12 volt cables... surely a defective PSU don't you think?

Cheers, Flixo