• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good average for I5 6600k Skylake CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vanibanez

I have had this 6600k for about a month now, I have it cooled with an older Corsair A50 heatsink with 2x120mm fans on a push pull. My idle temp is about 25 degrees celsius and my load (Prime95 or gaming) hits around 60 degrees celsius. Is this a good range? This being my first ever Intel cpu; I have been very happy with its results thus far.....

ninjacore

Those temps seem about right. I would imagine you could to 4.2-4.3 while still keeping temps in line with your cooler.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
I have had this 6600k for about a month now, I have it cooled with an older Corsair A50 heatsink with 2x120mm fans on a push pull. My idle temp is about 25 degrees celsius and my load (Prime95 or gaming) hits around 60 degrees celsius. Is this a good range? This being my first ever Intel cpu; I have been very happy with its results thus far.....

Vanibanez,

Looks like we build new at the same time. My sig has my mild overclocks and my temps
reach around 65 - 67C with stock cooling Prime 95 / Orthos for a couple hours so you're
about right where expected. I suspect I'll need a little more vcore to go higher.