• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good? Bad? idea for H2Ocooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
I've played with blacklights for a long time, and one of my favorite tricks is the glowing wine bottle. Take a wine bottle and fill it with water, disect a highlighter (blue, green, yellow, orange, or pink) and stick its inerds in the water for a day. The fluorescent ink bleeds out and dissolves evenly in the water, leaving it a transperant color which glows quite nicely in UV light. I always cap these glowing bottles off with a candle, and let it melt itself into place. Looks really cool.

I wonder if this could be done for H20 cooling, without disrupting the cooling properties of the water or causing other problems? I know coolants generally add their own color to the water already, but maybe somebody with a big fishtank reservoir and an extra blacklight might want to give it a try.

JoeCrappa

actually they sell this stuff called Dyelite (spelling) i think its called. expensive stuff! its basically flourescent liquid that glows in the dark.

OP
Arkaine23

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
glowing water

Highlighters are cheap though... it'd probably only take half a dozen to color several gallons of water. I was going to try this on my Cheapo-chill fishtank AC project.