• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good cases under 17 in tall (430mm)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheezboy

anyone know any good cases no taller than what i said because it won't fit where i want it if its any taller

Speed_Mechanic2

The Super LAN BOY is a great case that fits your size limits - it's 16.5" (420mm) tall. It's smaller then most mid-tower cases - but does have an excellant utilization of space. With a 120mm intake and exhaust fan, it offers great airflow - and this could be improved by adding a blow hole/side intake. It doesn't offer a removable motherboard tray, but neither does anything else with a height less then 17".

OP
Cheezboy

Cheezboy

thanks for the replys. I was looking at both these cases. I was looking at the regular LANBoy but and was dissapointed by the 2 80mm fans because i wanted 120mm but this has them. Do you know if they fixed the heat problem with the orginal LANBoy in this version?

I also like the Sonata my roomate has it but the stupid Blue LED's keep me up at night when he leaves it on. I would have to add a switch.

9mmCensor

Disabled
Cheezboy said:
thanks for the replys. I was looking at both these cases. I was looking at the regular LANBoy but and was dissapointed by the 2 80mm fans because i wanted 120mm but this has them. Do you know if they fixed the heat problem with the orginal LANBoy in this version?

I also like the Sonata my roomate has it but the stupid Blue LED's keep me up at night when he leaves it on. I would have to add a switch.

Yeah the LED they used are SUPER brite, so I simply didn't plug them in (it was an accident actually, I missed the connector, but am quite pleased as before it illiminated my room at night = BAD)

Speed_Mechanic2

Cheezboy said:

You may want to Valk to answer this - as he has recently bought the case. But there isn't anything unduly restricting air-flow for the front 120mm intake fan, so I would guess that temps should be good for air cooling. Two decent CFM 120mm fans (plus air exhausted by PSU) is more then enough to create great air flow in a case that is only 420mm (H) x 435mm (D) x 208mm (W).