• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good fan combination for the AX7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich_T

Hey all,

I am going to get an Thermalright AX7 soon and wanted to know which fan I should get that performs well with this heatsink, any suggestions.

Also how easy is the heatsink to install?

Thanks

Rich_T

On my xp2400 I have the smartfan2 on the ax7 and it is a winning combo. On my other pc i have a low cfm/db papst fan which cools an xp1600 very well and silently which was my aim.

i found the ax7 very easy to install on both an abit kt7a and kx7-333.

But as always if you are careful there shouldn't be any problems :D

as for myself? i have the tornado with the ax-7. you will find quite a few users in here with the same setup. what motherboard are you using? just as nightowl said, be careful. be careful not just as a rule of thumb but also because the ax-7 is quite a hunk of metal!!!!

Ive been looking at the smartfan II for a while now, it seems a good option and I am glad to hear its a good combo with the AX7 unlike the slk 800.

I have a Asus A7v333, any one had any problems with the Heatsink?

edit; I've only just saw the post above, I've herd good things about the tornado so I will look it up.

Thanks

Rich_T

fan

I have the AX-7 on my athlon 1.33Ghz backup puter. Temp runs at 30C with a 22C ambient and 24 case temp. Fan is a sunon 50cfm fan, can hear fan but its not annoying. I had the AX-7 on an Asus A7S333 board, no clearance problems or anything... That heatsink is a little tricky to get off, goin on is usually very easy. Works very well..:burn:

so u know a friend almost bought a case of those mechatronics fans eh? he could not get a hold of me so he ditched the idea to get em and sell them. moron.

Yeh - not a bad combination - I'm very happy with it though, the AX7 was a good deal hareder to fit than the Volcano 9 that went before it.

Thanks for all of the replys.

Robin, did you need to buy any more cables/clips for the ax7 and the smart fan II?

Thanks

Rich_T

The Ax-7 + Tornado is a Very effective hSF Combo. Jus the Noise is a bit loud. But is no problem for me since the Gaming/Music drowns it out. Plus it puts me to sleep @ night :) ..

Rich_T said:
Ive been looking at the smartfan II for a while now, it seems a good option and I am glad to hear its a good combo with the AX7 unlike the slk 800.

I have a Asus A7v333, any one had any problems with the Heatsink?

Fits fine on the A7V333, I liked the AX7 Smartfan combo enough to get one for my Abit KD7 board as well

How abt AX7 wif Smart Fan I and not II? I don't relli like orange color.

I have the Tornado on my AX-7 and the noise has finally gotten to me. It's a great combo, but only if you can tolerate the noise. I can hear that thing from the other side of my house! Of course that's also with 2 Smart Fan IIs at full speed.

Thanks for replys, 1 more question though, is the smart Fan II case fan the same as the normal Smart fan II?

Thanks

Rich_T

Back