• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GOOD fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

I have a setup where I actually want to care about the fans I want to use.

I'm wanting to use 6 low speed fans on the radiator, 2 high speed fans as intakes along with my front cooler master intake fans.
Ideal setup:

3 Red Low Speed Yate Loons on the top side of the radiator.
3 White Low Speed Yate loons on the bottom side of the radiator.
2 High Speed Yate Loons for intakes (back, bottom).
1 Red 230MM Cooler Master fan on the front.

I'm more or less going for a red aura with a white lit case, since the RAM modules and red tubin will be pretty dominating. I think this'll provide a good balance, but can anybody argue against this and provide a more optimal setup? Appearances matter for this setup, though.

Cost isn't an issue if the fans stay under 10$ a piece and I can still get a decent looking setup.

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
Even if they only lasted a year, considering the price of Yates, they are well worth it. I think I paid $6 a piece for my high speeds, and I think Jab-Tech has them as low as $4 each.

jaymz9350

What is the most reccomended fan controller? I'd need to control 10 fans, and I _HATE_ unused stuff... max I can squeeze onto this case is 12 case fans, I'm thinking 2x Zaman MFC1 Plus.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...TCH&Description=Zalman+fan+controller&x=0&y=0

sunbeam rheobus 4 channel or rheobus extreme 6 channel. That zalman can only handle 7 watts per channel while the sunbeams can handle 20watts and 30 watts per channel meaning you can put multiple fans (I beleive 4 yates on the 20 watter and 6 yates on the 30 watter) per channel.

the_cultie

The sunbeams are great controllers but they have a very strong blue glow espically when you are going for a red white look. Maybe you could replace the blue LED's with red ones.

OP
A

Aynjell

The sunbeams are great controllers but they have a very strong blue glow espically when you are going for a red white look. Maybe you could replace the blue LED's with red ones.

Performance-PC's can do that for me for about 15$. To me it's worth not possibly breaking it. It'll be white, red, I assume white on low, and red on high.

:chair:

the_cultie

Thats a new service since I last bought that controller for a friend. Would have been nice to get it changed to green.

jaymz9350

I didn't really think of that, I keep mine at less than 7v so there always red unless I'm benching or stress testing.

Conumdrum

Just a thought. jabTech finally got some Gentle Typhoons in, I got my email finally. Rated the best for CFM/Pressure, and noise. The latest bestest I guess. Wonderful for rads but popular for air cooling. I ordered my 6, so give JabTech a look.

At $13 each, they better be good. Yate Loons are still great but sleeve bearings. GT's have full bearings though, so placed for vertical airflow they will last long time!

This stuff is addicting!

OP
A

Aynjell

I'm going to buy 2 of the sunbeam fan controllers with the white/red mod, and craigbru (guy who did my panel) is going to paint 'em for me. He quoted me 25$ for paint, so altogether, about 40$ a piece for a perfect fan controller. :)